𝟔. 𝐠𝐰𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔; 𝐠𝐰𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖺 𝖺𝗅𝗌𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌')

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔; 𝐠𝐰𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖺 𝖺𝗅𝗌𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌')

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 unsure about something she would make a pros and cons list. It didn't have to always be something written on paper, most of the time it was simply made up in her mind. So, as the girl stood in front of the building that would host Eleonor Waldorf's fashion show, she listed what would be the pros and cons of going in. Pros: she would actually face her problems like the mature person she wanted to be and Eleonor always kept a nice gift bag for her. Cons: Blair mostly likely had her scheming bitch mode on and that meant war on anyone that even blinked at her the wrong way — imagine how she would act towards a friend who kept a secret from her —, also, Sloan Irvine would be there and Gwen didn't think she would be able to smile at the model as if the rumor about Nick and her wasn't out in the world. It was two pros against two cons, but, let's be honest, the cons were much more significant. Maybe the best Gwen could do was ignore her problems until they all went away, the girl almost gave in to this idea.

"Gwen?" her name being uttered made the Vanderbilt girl turn around, only to come face to face with Eleonor Waldorf herself. "What are you doing outside? I'm sure Blair is already in there waiting for you."

"Oh. Yeah, I was just..." she tried to think of an excuse, but her mind had decided to go blank and Eleonor probably thought the girl was on drugs or something. "I was just admiring the building."

Who even admires a building they already know when a fashion show is about to happen, Gwendolyn? The heiress mentally scolded herself.

"Okay..." the fashion designer furrowed her brows but made no comment about the girl's clear — and unusual — awkwardness. "When you're done admiring it you should go and admire my clothes."

"Sure." Gwen agreed but the woman was already walking away and probably didn't hear the girl. "Oh, God! I'm such a mess." she let out a deep sigh and covered her face with her hands.

"Well, personally, I'm really into messes." there was that voice with the neverending teasing tone that always got into Gwendolyn's nerves.

Looking to where Eleonor was standing barely a minute before, Gwen saw the brown eyes that had been haunting her dreams for a while. Nicholas smirked at her as if everything was fine and their secret hadn't been exposed, as if it was still summer and the two of them were the only thing that mattered. Gwen wished it was still summer. She wished their fantasy world hadn't crumbled. Their reality now didn't taste like vanilla ice cream and smelled like the ocean, it was bitter and more real than their summer ever was.

"I thought you would arrive yesterday." Gwen didn't return a smile, instead, her face was blank.

"Missing me that much, huh?" Nick was that type of person that most of the time only knew how to deal with tense situations by either making jokes or being extra teasing and sarcastic.