𝟗. 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗; 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭
( 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗂𝗑 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗆𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖻𝖾 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽' )

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 had been going as normal as it could be for a bunch of 'super-rich kids with nothing but losing ends'

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 had been going as normal as it could be for a bunch of 'super-rich kids with nothing but losing ends'. Chuck and Blair's competition had been going strong — breaking Brooklyn girls' hearts type of strong... Oh and not to mention the brief week when Blair was trying to get Chuck to sleep with her and the Bass heir, for once in his life, played hard to get. As for Serena, the it-girl now had her eye on an artist — Gwen was just waiting for the moment it all went wrong and Blair and she would have to go and comfort a very sad Serena. Also, there was no news of Nicholas — not even Blair mentioned her brother, which was something she sometimes did. It was fine by Gwen though, their story had ended in the summer pretty much when it started. At least now Gwendolyn was free from dramas in her own personal life. Truly the most turbulent moment of the last few weeks in Gwendolyn Vanderbilt's life was when she discovered her cousin was living with the Humphreys — in Brooklyn!

Nate explained how the Archibald Residence had been seized by the police, and to say Gwen felt betrayed was an understatement. They were family and yet she had to overhear a conversation between Dan Humphrey and her cousin to find out what was really happening with the Archibalds. Honestly, Gwendolyn was sure her father knew about it as well — hence why he told her to ask Nate to live at their penthouse — it just infuriated Gwen more, how was she supposed to help if she didn't know what was going on? And why did Nate seek Dan's help and not hers? Well, after a few days of being angry, Gwendolyn realized she was being straight-up selfish, and petty. The entire situation wasn't about her at all, it was about Nate going through hell and needing any support he could get — even if it meant living with the Humphreys. So in the name of peace, Gwen agreed to go to the movies with both Nate and Dan.

"I just... I really think they're up to something, man." Dan Humphrey complained to Nate while Gwen just walked next to her cousin acting as if she cared about Jenny Humphrey's doings. "With their closed doors and this private thing for Eleonor. Jenny, she didn't say anything to you?"

"Uh, no, no." the Archibald boy stammered which raised suspicion from Gwendolyn, why did the topic of 'Jenny Humphrey' was making Nathaniel stammer? "But we haven't talked much this week so..."

"She seemed weirdly happy when we were leaving the house." the Brooklyn boy continued. "Like, how much privacy does she really need to watch 'Project Runaway' and eat pizza?" the boys chuckled while Gwen just wished she was somewhere else. "Oh, it's Jordan." Dan said when his phone started ringing.

"Who?"

"The, uh, you know, the TA from Yale." Humphrey explained but Nate continued as clueless as ever. "She was trying to get me a recommendation?" still nothing. "You hooked up with her."