𝟏𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧
( 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗑𝗂 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗀𝗇𝗂𝖿𝗂𝖼𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗁𝗂𝖻𝖺𝗅𝖽𝗌' )

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧( 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗑𝗂 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗀𝗇𝗂𝖿𝗂𝖼𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗁𝗂𝖻𝖺𝗅𝖽𝗌' )

𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 spend time with her grandparents from her mother's side. Nora and Harry Morgan's house in Hudson Valley smelled like lavender and apple pie — coincidentally or not, there was always a pie waiting for Gwendolyn and her parents when they visited. Nora's chihuahua, Waterloo, never failed to welcome the family by the door wiggling his tails and requesting belly rubs from Gwendolyn as soon as he smelled her — the girl adored that little dog. The house also had a big backyard, where sometimes Gwen's grandpa would invite her and her dad to play football — the game always ended up in a tie, seeing as none of them were good at the sport, but it was fun to play nonetheless. There was no construction noise, or loud car horns making the traffic sounds even more deafening. At Gwen's grandparent's place, she could even hear birds singing and watch the stars at night.

The most relevant thing for Gwendolyn, however, was that while visiting her mom's parents there were no high expectations to follow the family business or to be influential in society. The Morgan family, although quite comfortable in terms of money, wasn't as nearly wealthy as the Vanderbilts — yes, Vivienne was a billionaire by her own merits and not by inheritance, that's how much of a badass the woman was.

Thanksgiving was going great for Gwendolyn and her family so far, but that was just until Gwen's phone started buzzing and Chuck's name appeared on her screen right when the girl was in the middle of a crossword game with her grandma. Knowing her bohemian friend wouldn't call her unless it was important, Gwendolyn excused herself and picked up the call right away. There were multiple things the Vanderbilt girl expected to hear from Chuck — most involved some drama between him and Blair, but there was also the possibility Serena had gotten herself in trouble —, yet, the last thing Gwen expected to hear was that not only Howard Archibald was back in NYC but he also planned on getting loads of cash from her grandfather and fleeing the country with Anne and Nate. The thing was: the FBI was already onto Howard, they just needed solid proof to arrest him.

Knowing her clueless cousin, Gwendolyn figured he had no idea about the mess his dad was about to drag him and his mom into. So the girl didn't think twice before running towards her parents and asking for the car. Even after having explained that Nathaniel needed her and she had to go back to the city, Vivienne wasn't willing to let her daughter escape Thanksgiving dinner. Nate was Edward's family though, and the Yale professor somehow managed to convince his wife to let Gwen go — a part of him wanted to come along, Ed had been worried about his sister's wellbeing.

Usually, the drive from Hudson Valley to New York took about two hours and a half, this time, however, Gwen freaked out her driver so much that the man got them back in the city in half the time — there were moments Gwendolyn thought she was in a Fast and Furious movie. What took longer was getting to Rufus' gallery in Brooklyn where Chuck said Nate's intervention would happen, damned New York traffic. By the time she did arrive there, her cousin was about to enter the gallery and the awkward encounter was unavoidable.