𝟐𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐫𝐚

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐫𝐚
(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 ​𝘹𝘹𝘷​ - '𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘱 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭')

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐫𝐚(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 ​𝘹𝘹𝘷​ - '𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘱 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭')

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄'𝐒 𝐀 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 about finishing high school. Sure, you might be finally getting rid of annoying teachers and their demanding exams as well as homework, but at least you knew what to expect from them. Now there's this gigantic web of possibilities ahead of you, and who knows what might actually happen?! What if college doesn't work out? What if you can't get a job? What if that voice in the back of your head was right and you're a total failure? To most people, the future after high school seems rather frightening. The kids at Constance and St. Jude's aren't most people though. Yes, their parents expect them to attend good colleges and become successful adults, but if all goes wrong the trust fund babies have enormous fortunes to support them. So, yeah, finishing high school is probably more sweet than bitter for those brats.

"Dear friends, and colleagues, as we stand here today we bear witness to a bright new beginning." the headmistress began her speech just as Gwen turned around to search among the people sitting behind them for what seemed to be the millionth time.

Edward was there sporting a proud smiled as he waved at his daughter, to which she waved back, Gwen's mom was caught on an important meeting in England and wouldn't make it. William Vanderbilt, much to his grandchildren surprise, attended the ceremony looking ever so important and powerful in one of those custom made suits of his. Nicholas Waldorf wasn't back there though, and his face was the one Gwen wanted to see the most.

"Where is your brother?" Gwendolyn leaned over Serena to ask Blair who sat next to the blonde. "He was supposed to have arrived with your mom and Cyrus."

Blair shrugged. "My mother said he had to take a phone call and would be right back." the brunette said. "But that was before we entered, so I don't know."

The Vanderbilt girl released a frustrated puff of air and went back to sitting straight in her place next to Serena — it was rather convenient that the three girls' last names began with letters that were close to each other in the alphabet.

"Nick wouldn't miss our graduation, G." Serena tried to ease her friend's concern. "Maybe he's somewhere in the far back where you can't see him."

"Exactly." Blair agreed, then quickly changed the subject. "I tried telling Chuck about my feelings, but... Just standing in front of him, I couldn't do it." she sighed defeated. "I can't believe I chicken out."

"It's okay, B." said the Van Der Woodsen girl. "This is the beginning of something new. Now we can all move on."

It took a few seconds but the brunette replied with determination. "Yes. To great things. And so what if I'm not going to Yale? And you were recently incarcerated, Gwen is obsessed with my brother and I'm afraid to talk to Chuck because he might hurt me again." she rambled. "This is our moment. Nobody can take that from us."