𝟏𝟖. 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖; 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪 -'𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦')

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖; 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪 -'𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦')

"𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆."Blair lamented as Dorota fixed her costume for the play. The Waldorf girl's day started great, she was at the top of the world and the problem with that is that once you're pushed down from such a high place the fall seems to never end. First Nelly Yuki got the spot in Yale that was meant for her, then later Blair found out someone had ratted her out to the university's acceptance committee by telling them the reason behind her detention. Oh, and someone also told Gossip Girl about the mess with Blair's ex-boyfriend, Marcus — the lord who was sleeping with his step-mom, who was sleeping with Nate. "I'm humiliated and shunned. They've made me a flesh and blood Countess Olenska."

Gwen sighed listening to her friend, she felt bad that Blair lost the perfect Yale acceptance she spent all her life dreaming about. People in their world always went too far when the subject was revenge or simply getting what they wany. Gwendolyn wasn't naive to think Blair was a saint who didn't deserve what happened to her, but, clearly, whoever ratted on B was even worse than her. Messing with someone's future? That's just not right. Gwen wished she could have the slightest clue of who was out to get Blair, but there were too many people with a handful of plausible reasons to act the Waldorf girl.

"You're an actress, pour it into the role." Dorotha advised. "Use pain onstage."

Hearing Dorotha talk about the stage reminded Gwen she had a job to do and it wouldn't be done by keeping company to Blair in the dressing room. You see, it's tradition for the seniors of Constance and St. Jude to perform a play before graduating, this time the chosen story was The Age of Innocence. Although, Gwendolyn wasn't much of a fan of the plot itself she had to admit the high society scandal theme was truly fitting for the Upper East Side. The Vanderbilt girl had no actual part in the play, and, at first, she was thankful for that, but the job given to her by the headmistress was harder than she anticipated — especially because she had to work directly with the narcissistic jerk of a director the school hired.

The clipboard Gwen held in her hands was a constant reminder of the headmistress's words: 'You have such great skills in management, Gwendolyn, I would appreciate it if you were to keep everything in order along with the director with hired.' Saying Gwen had good management skills was probably meant as a compliment, but, having spent the entirety of her school career cleaning up her friend's messes the girl just wanted a freaking break! Instead, Gwen not only had to babysit her friends but all of her classmates as well — Oh, and not to mention Julian Rawlins, the buffoon of a director who was treating the Vanderbilt girl as if she was his personal assistant.

"You're right." Blair's voice brought Gwen back from the land of thoughts. "I'm an actress." the Waldorf girl stated. "No... I'm a seagull."

"What?" Gwen frowned. "A seagull?"