𝟓. 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐟𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓; 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐟𝐬.
(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖺 𝖺𝗅𝗌𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌')

𝑵𝑰𝑪𝑯𝑶𝑳𝑨𝑺 𝑫𝑰𝑫𝑵'𝑻 𝑮𝑬𝑻 𝑨𝑵𝒀 𝑺𝑳𝑬𝑬𝑷 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻, but he didn't think that was a bad thing

𝑵𝑰𝑪𝑯𝑶𝑳𝑨𝑺 𝑫𝑰𝑫𝑵'𝑻 𝑮𝑬𝑻 𝑨𝑵𝒀 𝑺𝑳𝑬𝑬𝑷 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻, but he didn't think that was a bad thing. He hadn't felt this excited in a while. His body was still moving back and forth like the ocean's waves, he spent the afternoon swimming with Gwen. She let out little screams every time a seaweed touched her feet and consequently held Nick's arm pushing him closer — in her mind, he would either save her or be used as food to whatever animal tried to take her —, the Waldorf boy liked it more than he should've. Gwendolyn Vanderbilt had become a constant thought of Nick's during that summer. He didn't think he was in love. Hell, no! Her company was just addicting and comforting, she was a breath of fresh air and Nicholas had been out of fresh air for too long.

So as Nick stood bellow Gwen's balcony at the Vanderbilt's summer mansion throwing tiny rocks at her window, he wasn't doing it because he had developed a crush on his little sister's best friend — of course not! He only liked her company. That was all... That should be all.

"Nick?" the girl finally appeared on her balcony. "What are you doing here?" she whispered-yelled. "My aunt will freak out if she sees you here at three in the morning."

"Relax." was his answer every time they were about to do something against the rules and Gwen started freaking out. "Be quick and she will never notice."

"Quick?"

The lights from the mansion were mostly off and the light poles from the street were barely enough to lighten Nick's face, but Gwen just knew there was a mischievous smirk on his lips as he made a sign with his hands telling her to come down.

"If you fall I'll catch you, don't worry." he stood even closer to the balcony now.

"You will be the death of me, Nicholas Waldorf." Gwen scolded hushedly before disappearing inside her room to put on a sweater, not even bothering to change from her silk pajamas.

Soon enough both Nick and Gwen were a giggling mess running hand in hand towards the beach. Gwendolyn was proud to say she managed to climb out of her room without falling down and needing the boy's help. Nicholas was just glad they were together — but would never say it aloud, it's way too cheesy! That night the stars were so bright, it felt wrong to both of them not to stop and admire the sky. The Vanderbilt girl soon enough began babbling in her all too knowingly way about some constellation tale she read about. Not to be disrespectful, but Nick didn't hear a thing she said. It was like everything went silent and the only thing he could listen to was the beating of his own heart as he gazed at the chatty girl. The moonlight complimented her tanned skin in a way that made her look ethereal from Nick's point of view. The stars had nothing on her sparkling blue-greenish eyes that seemed to shine even more brightly as she went on with her story.