Chapter 5 - Future and Past

In the past

That evening, the two girls had kissed again and again. In fact, Hermione had to force herself to stop kissing Bellatrix when she realized how late it had gotten. Bellatrix had giggled and had given her a quick kiss, before she had walked back to Hogwarts. Hermione that night, slept like a stone, and she had dreamed of tender things, of being on dates with Bellatrix, of being with her and exploring the world together. 

When she woke up, it was almost lunch time. Hermione got into the shower, that was now almost finished, washed herself and then quickly dressed herself with the new clothes she had bought. She looked at herself in the mirror. She still almost couldn't believe, what had happened. What she and Bellatrix had done last night. Was this dating? Hermione didn't know. She had never dated someone, and even if she did, she didn't remember it anymore. But she surprisingly didn't feel nervous, she felt great, she felt happy and she was curious over what would happen. That day, they had their first official date. One in which they went to a little town, where they spend most of their day shopping, going to restaurants and having fun with each other. 

When the day got to an end, they were sitting under a tree, looking at the sunset, with Hermione leaning against Bellatrix, while the latter gently ran her hands through her hair. She loved doing that, and she loved Hermione's hair. She loved her face, her body, she loved everything about the witch that was leaning against her. She realized how she was madly in love with Hermione, and how the latter felt the exact same thing for her. 

In the future

In a dark and cold room, the Bellatrix from the future, or to whom she knew and met - the present - awoke from what had felt like a really long and weird dream. Her black hair fell down on her shoulders, as she sat up straight in her bed and nervously looked at the wall. She rubbed her eyes. What had that dream about? Bellatrix couldn't get back to sleep, it was as if something inside her had come to surface, something she had shoved back down there. 

She then got up from her bed and walked into her nearby bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her face was even paler than usual and there were dark circles under her eyes. She splashed a bit of cold water into her face, hoping that it would pull her back to reality that suddenly felt unreal and fake. But it didn't. She still had the same feeling. 

"What was that dream, what was that dream", she repeated and tried to remember. And after a short while, it was as if she had stared through time itself, it was as if she had now looked into the past, looking from the eyes of her own past self. She saw a sunset, and she saw a young woman, leaning against her, whispering sweet words to her. Bellatrix grabbed the sink and then felt her head pulsating as she saw other pictures. She saw her young self kissing that girl, she saw herself dancing with that girl and finally - she saw that girl. 

Hermione Granger, was the name that appeared in her mind. She knew, that this girl was Hermione Granger. There was no doubt about it. Bellatrix slammed her fist against the wall. It bruised her hand, and it hurt, but she didn't even really notice the pain, as she looked in a shocked manner into her own reflection in the mirror. Hermione, was the only thing that ran across her mind, as she walked out of her bathroom, out of her bedroom and finally out of her house. Of course she was alone - there was no one there except for her. 

"I could never do that", she whispered to herself, trying to convince herself while doing so, "I would never love a mudblood, I would never be-" 

In the past

"-dating you, is among the best things I've done.", said Bellatrix. 

"Oh you just want something from me, don't you miss?", asked Hermione teasingly. 

"I do, yeah.", she looked at Hermione as the witch turned around to face her. 

"You do, huh?", Hermione kissed her. Bellatrix kissed her back. They kissed and soon they made out beneath the tree. Their hands running over each others body, their breath hot and shaky, and their lips trembling from the excitement they both felt. They loved each other, and in the far future, about 30 years down the line, an older Bellatrix was watching this happen in shock. 

In the future

"That can't be, that can't be", she almost ripped her hair out, "this must be a trick.", she said and as if she could run from the past and from the truth, she ran away, she apparated. Bellatrix didn't even know at this point, what she was doing. Out of instinct, she apparated to that one hill, she had seen her younger self loving the mudblood. 

In the past

"What are you doing?", said Hermione as she was dressing herself, after she had loved Bellatrix for the first time. 

"Carving something into this tree.", answered Bellatrix and looked up to her. "And noooow, it's done.", she stepped aside, and let her read what she had carved into that tree. 

In the future 

Bellatrix knew, where to find what her younger self had supposedely carved into that tree. She was trembling. Her entire body was shaking, and she couldn't think of anything, but on reading what she had once carved into that damn tree, into that ugly, rotten and old tree. 

And so she got down on her knees. The part she now remembered, where her younger self had once carved words into, was hidden under garbage that had been thrown onto the hill. Empty beer bottles and soda cans were blocking her sight. In a hectic manner, Bellatrix threw those things far away from the tree, so she could read what her younger self had carved. 

And when she read it, tears filled up in her tears. On the tree stood something so simple, that she could understand it and when she saw it, she could remember most of her past, she had apparently forgot so much about. 

Bellatrix + Hermione =  Love

That was carved into that tree. And Bellatrix cried, as she remembered her past.