Chapter 7 - Seeing you again

"Bellatrix.", whispered Hermione. All her memories had returned to her, and the same had happened with the witch, who just prior to this, had tried to torture her. As soon as she had gotten all her memories of her past life back, she let the knife fall down to the ground, she made Hermione stand up and hugged her. 

"I thought I'd never see you again.", said Bellatrix and kissed her. "And now look at you, still as young and as beautiful as you ever were. And I'm... I'm old.", she said. 

"But still as beautiful as back then.", Hermione replied honestly. 

"Still the same with the compliments.", laughed Bellatrix. "I'm sorry for everything I've done.", she added. 

"There's a time for apologies, but that time isn't now. We need to act. Quickly.", replied Hermione and Bellatrix nodded in agreement with her. "I need to free my friends.", she said and got up. Bellatrix looked around her. 

"And what happens after?", she asked. "The prophecy said after the Dark Lord, meaning that you will eventually succeed, but what do we do after that?"

"We run away.", answered Hermione. "Or more: we go away.", she said. "There's nothing to hide, once he's gone.", she added. 

"They will hunt me down.", said Bellatrix. 

"Then I will deal with them.", said Hermione in a cold voice that unlike her. "I didn't let time get between us, and neither will a few aurors or god knows who else would hunt you down."

"For me?", asked Bellatrix. 

"For us.", answered Hermione. 

"They will be here soon", Bellatrix kissed Hermione, "and I will have to act, as if I was torturing you.", she revealed. Hermione nodded. She laid on the ground, Bellatrix got on top of her. They already heard footsteps. "I love you.", said Bellatrix. 

"I love you too.", she replied. Her friends were almost already there. Soon they would fight, and Hermione would have to act as if she was against her, as if she didn't want to be with Bellatrix and share the burden of her sins. She would have to do all of that. 

In the past

"Let's say we'd run away together, where you would you want to go?", asked a younger Bellatrix in the past. Hermione turned around to her. 

"Somewhere far away. Another country would be for the best.", she took Bellatrix into her arms and kissed her lips briefly. "Maybe France or Italy. I heard it's beautiful there.", she said. 

"What if we traveled somewhere else, some place that is really, really far away?", asked Bellatrix. 

"Like where?", asked Hermione. 

"I don't know... Netherlands?", asked Bellatrix. 

"Okay, let's go there.", laughed Hermione. 

"Yeah, let's go there.", Bellatrix nodded. 

In the present

"Don't ever forget me again.", pleaded Bellatrix. 

"I will never.", Hermione pulled her down to give her one last kiss, before the doors flew open and destiny ran its course. She watched, and yes, she acted, and before she knew it, time was against moving as fast as a bullet train, guiding her to her destiny.