Chapter 33 - To love you again

"So, you wanted to meet me", said Narcissa and sat down, in front of her sat Hermione. It had been two weeks since she had moved out of the house and ever since then, Beatrice had briefly told Hermione about what had happened. However she had so far refused to go into any deeper than that and no attempt of Hermione to talk about it, had ever shown any positive results. 
"What is it?", asked Narcissa. "Did Bellatrix send you?"

"No, I came here because I wanted to", Hermione responded, "in fact, Bellatrix doesn't even know that we're meeting here, I haven't told her. And I don't think she would even want me to be here, talking to you.", she said. "Nonetheless, despite what has happened, I want to talk to you about it. And I want to hear your side of the story."

"My side?", Narcissa let out a bitter laugh. "You know what my side is. I'm the freak that fell in love with her own sister, who kissed her just the other night and who did all of these horrible things out of jealousy", she crossed her arms, "that's my side, Hermione. There's no good reason for anything I did. I'm just a bad person."

"I don't think that's true", Hermione replied, "you have your faults and I don't condone what you did, but you still have your positive sides. Hell, I was married to you, don't you remember? We were in a functional relationship for multiple years. I just... I want you in my life."

"I don't know if I can be in your life", Narcissa looked down at her half full glass, "after all I did..."

"Narcissa, Bellatrix did a lot of terrible stuff too, hell I did as well. We overthrew an entire government once and caused god knows how many people to die by doing so", Hermione slightly leaned forward, "what I want to say with that, is that the past is the past, and none of us can change it now. All we can do, is to continue living like we're already doing." 

"You're the best", Narcissa smiled, "the best of the best."

"You don't have to go overboard.", said Hermione. 

"No, I mean it", Narcissa laid her hand on Hermione's. Hermione didn't pull hers away. "I am so glad, that we spend those years together. Even though they technically never happened, I am still glad.", she revealed. 

"So am I", Hermione smiled back, "we had a good life together."

"If only I... you know", Narcissa looked to the side, "if only I wouldn't be such a freak."

"Oh Narcissa, it will end one day, you'll see it for yourself.", Hermione said in a comforting tone. 

After that they finished their served meal, quietly, without saying much. After the lunch, Narcissa went to her new apartment. 

Two hours later

"Bellatrix?", Narcissa was surprised as she opened the door. In front of her stood Bellatrix, the woman she had kissed against the latter will two weeks ago. She mustered her sister, she didn't know what to say. For some reason, Bellatrix must have come to visit her, she thought. 
"Do... you want in?", she asked. 

"Yes, that's what I'm here for.", Bellatrix answered. Narcissa let her inside. She closed the door behind her and looked at Bellatrix. 

"So, is there something you want to talk about?", asked Narcissa. 

"There is actually", Bellatrix got a few steps closer, "two weeks ago you kissed me. Ever since then, I haven't been able to get that kiss out of my head, it was so... weird, but I couldn't get myself to hate you for that. Now I know why: I wanted to know, ever since then, if you're truly in love with me."

"Bellatrix, of course I love you", Narcissa said and came a step closer to her, "I don't know how you can think otherwise."

"See, I don't know if you're being honest with me. And because of that, I have texted Hermione before I came over here. She's going to have a talk, with both you and I.", said Bellatrix. 

"But... why?", asked Narcissa. 

"Because I want this entire thing to get cleared up as soon as possible", answered Bellatrix as she sat down on the couch in Narcissa's living room, "so you might put on some tea, because it could very well take a while."