Chapter 17 - At the beach

The next day, the women went to a nearby beach, one that was mostly secluded from tourists and were they could do whatever they wanted to do in peace. While Luna and Narcissa went for a swim in the sea, Hermione and Bellatrix both sat down on a towel they had spread. The beach was sandy and it was also beautiful. While they sat on the beach, they looked at how Luna and Narcissa became smaller and smaller. They were both pretty good swimmers, and it seemed as if they were swimming to that little island made out of rocks not far away from the beach. 

"We both like women who can swim, huh?", asked Hermione. 

"We sure do.", replied Bellatrix. 

"So about yesterday...", Hermione started. "That was strange, huh?", she asked. 

"It was yeah", Bellatrix looked at her, "I got a bit jealous by the way", she confessed, "when I saw how Luna and Narcissa kissed... I felt jealousy.", she admitted. 

"I did as well.", replied Hermione. "But..."

"But you're not talking about them", with that Bellatrix finished the sentence she was afraid to say out loud, "you wanted to talk about our kiss."

"Yeah."

"It was a good kiss.", Bellatrix said bluntly. 

"Yeah but I mean, we can't do that again.", said Hermione and turned her head to face Bellatrix. Once she did that, she was almost mesmerized by the older witches beauty. Her black curly hair was once again perfectly framing her beautiful face, her full lips as they usually were, were once again black from the lipstick Bellatrix used. 

"Yeah, we can't do that again.", nodded Bellatrix and with that, they kissed again. Both leaned in and the same time, and both let out a satisfied moan once their lips met. It was just as in the earlier days, thought Hermione, as she passionately kissed Bellatrix. Her thoughts drifted to Narcissa, which is when she broke off the kiss. 

"I'm sorry...", she said, while Bellatrix was still holding her face. "I am really sorry."

"Don't be.", Bellatrix said and smiled. "I think I still love you.", she admitted. 

"I love you too, but..."

"-you're married to Narcissa.", finished Bellatrix. "Got it."

"And I also love her.", added Hermione. 

"I know.", Bellatrix kissed Hermione again, and again, Hermione did nothing to prevent that. "But I can't stop loving you.", she admitted. 

"Please Bellatrix", said Hermione between another kiss, "please understand this.", she pleaded. 

Meanwhile on a small island

"So?", Luna looked at Narcissa who was walking next to her over a few rocks that rose into the air. "You wanna walk about our kiss?", she asked.

"Kiss?", Narcissa laughed. "That was more of a makeout session.", she replied. 

"It was great, wasn't it?", asked Luna. 

"It was amazing. You're one of the best kissers I've ever met.", admitted Narcissa. 

"Thanks for the compliment.", said Luna. 

"But don't get any weird ideas about it.", said Narcissa. 

"Oh I won't.", Luna came closer to her. She came so close, that her lips were briefly touching Narcissa's lips. "After all, this would be a no go, right?", she asked in a quiet tone. Narcissa just nodded. Luna kissed her. It wasn't a long kiss, it was a quick kiss, but a kiss nonetheless. 

"You drive me crazy.", said Narcissa. 

"I tend to do that to pretty women.", replied Luna and jumped into the water. Narcissa rolled her eyes and then followed Luna. 

At the beach

"Oh there they are.", said Bellatrix as she pointed at Narcissa and Luna. 

"I see.", Hermione looked at Narcissa as she got out of the water. 

"So you two pretty ladies", Luna was the first who reached them, "what are we gonna do today?", she asked. 

"I guess we go visit the city or something.", replied Bellatrix. 

"I guess we can do that.", said Hermione. 

"Alright, then let's do it.", responded Narcissa and clapped her hands. 

A few hours later

After a rather long trip through the city, the two couples were each in their bedrooms. Hermione and Narcissa laid next to each other. Hermione knew that she had to speak up, that she had to say, that maybe, just maybe, she still had feelings for Bellatrix. 

"Narcissa, I have to tell you something.", said Hermione. 

"Is it that you're possibly still in love with Bellatrix?", asked Narcissa. Hermione got red and looked at her. "Come on, I know the looks you give each other. I saw how you two kissed each other, too.", Narcissa gently stroked Hermione's hair. "It's obvious, that you still love each other somewhat."

"I am sorry.", Hermione sad in a somber tone. 

"You don't have to be", Narcissa looked at Hermione, "because I'm not much better.", she looked at the ceiling. "I'm attracted to Luna.", she admitted. 

"She's pretty...", Hermione admitted. 

"I have a bit of a crush on her.", Narcissa said in a quiet tone. "I think she does as well."

"So what do we do now?", asked Hermione. 

"Well I don't want to leave you.", replied Narcissa. 

"Neither do I want to leave you.", responded Hermione. 

"But maybe... maybe you should be with her.", said Narcissa. 

"But I want to be with both of you!", Hermione admitted. "I want you, I want her, I want both of you. Never to leave me!"

"But I don't think that's possible", replied Narcissa. 

"Well we haven't tried, yet.", replied Hermione. "Maybe there is a way..."

"Hermione, darling", Narcissa gave her a quick kiss, "I don't think there's a way."

"Well can you think about it?", asked Hermione. 

"I can think about it, but I don't think, my opinion will change."

"Well give it a try?", asked Hermione. 

"I can.", answered Narcissa. 

They both fell asleep later. Hermione fell into a deep sleep, one in which she dreamed about a life that could've happened, if Bellatrix had never left her, if she had stayed with her. They would still be together, they would still be a couple and things would never be as complicated as they were now. And when she woke up, she was disappointed, that this wasn't the case.