Chapter 38 - Lunch

The next day, Hermione was sitting inside a restaurant nearby her workplace with Lena sitting on the same table. She thought that she had lost her mind. How in the world had she been able to think that this was in any way shape or form a good idea? She didn't know, she had no clue at all and the only one who wasn't confused about what she wanted, was the dark-skinned woman right in front of her. 

Lena was gorgeous. Hermione had to admit this to herself. She always had been. She remembered the time in which she had been single. In that time she had met Lena and hadn't been long until the two women had started an affair with each other. One that, while short-lived was more intense than many long-lived affairs in this world had been. And now she was sitting in front of her, her black curly hair falling down to her shoulders, her full lips covered with just the perfect amount of lip-gloss. 

There was quite the amount of tension during their lunch. Both women were extremely attracted to each other, both knowing that crossing the line would be dangerous for both of them and still, both of their bodies and minds yearned for just that. Hermione knew that, Lena knew that. 

"By the way, how's Narcissa?", asked Lena. 

"Narcissa? Haven't seen her in a while, why do you ask?"

"Oh it's just, you two used to date didn't you?", asked Lena. 

"We did, for a long while actually.", replied Hermione. "But why do you ask?"

"Oh, I just saw her the other day. Briefly walked past her. Still quite the looker, I have to admit.", she said. 

"She is, yeah.", Hermione said. 

"But so is Bellatrix, to be honest. I rarely met such an attractive woman in my life... Well, of course except for you, my dear.", Lena suggestively said and winked at Hermione. 

"Are you trying to flirt with me?"

"Pretty much, yeah.", Lena said, leaning slightly over the table. "Does it work?", she asked. 

"It would if I wasn't married.", replied Hermione. 

"Not what you said yesterday.", shot Lena back. 

"I didn't say much of anything yesterday."

"Your lips, tongue and hands did."

"Very amusing.", Hermione rolled her eyes. "Is this lunch just a way for you to try and get me into your bed?", she asked. 

"I was hoping for a kiss first.", replied Lena. 

"Good, then let's make a deal. We finish here, I kiss you and then you stop trying to get me.", Hermione offered. "Sounds good?"

"Better than nothing.", Lena raised her hand. "Check please."

The two women left the restaurant, they went to where Lena lived. Now they stood in front of her door. And before Hermione could say anything, Lena pulled Hermione to her, kissing her passionately on the lips, as she wrapped her arms around her. Hermione allowed herself to respond by kissing her back. The women passionately made out, their hands sliding over each other's bodies. It had to stop now, thought Hermione and it was her who broke off the kiss. 

"We're done here.", she said, almost out of breath. 

"We are, yes.", Lena said. 

"So now please don't try to flirt with me anymore, respect that I'm taken.", Hermione asked of her and she turned around, touching her own lips as she did. Lena looked after her, doing the same. Before Hermione left her sight of view, she turned around and Lena winked at her, making Hermione blushed. Hermione turned her head around and she walked away completely. 

"But how can I ever let a beauty like you go?", asked Lena quietly. "The truth is, I can't.", she confessed to herself.