Chapter 29 - Us

Five years after Voldemort had been defeated, Hermione was one day strolling through the city in which she had spend most of her childhood. It wasn't a magic city, it was a muggle city, and yet she still felt that it had just as much magic, as any city in the Wizarding World had. If not more, perhaps. 

What was so special about this place? Hermione had walked through this city a hundred times, and yet she still felt this magic growing around her, embracing her and telling her, that her future would be bright, that there was nothing to fear. 

Hermione faintly recalled the things that had happened five years past. She remembered how they defeated Voldemort, and she remembered how the only death eater that sort of got away, was Bellatrix Lestrange, or Black how she had wanted to be called prior to her demise. Hermione felt a strong rush of emotions, as she recalled how Bellatrix looked like. Black hair, a gorgeous face, a body that tempted almost everyone and the lips of an angel. Hermione laughed. Why did she think that way about a death eater?

Remember Hermione, remember, said a fading memory. One out of many. 

"I'm trying to", she replied to herself. And then - it happened so suddenly. She saw a woman coming out of a store. Her hair was black and it had multiple grey strands in it, her face was beautiful and Hermione knew that she would recognize it anywhere. No matter where she was. It was Bellatrix. She started following the woman. And once she was right behind the woman, she couldn't help herself but touching her shoulders. 

"What?", Bellatrix turned around and looked into Hermione's eyes. "Do I know you?", she asked. 

"I... think you do...", replied Hermione. 

"Hermione?", asked Bellatrix. 

"Yes.", Hermione nodded. 

Without saying another word, Bellatrix kissed Hermione. When their lips touched, their memories didn't return, but their feelings did all the same. Hermione suddenly felt the love she had once felt, and she felt her body burning with passion, as Bellatrix ran her hands over her waist and pulled her closer, while she was running her hands through Bellatrix's black hair. After their lips parted, they stared into each other's eyes. 

"I love you.", they said at the same time. 

Meanwhile at a place far, far away...

Narcissa was awake. She had been for the past several hours. Her body was as good as new, all her injuries had already been healed and her memories had returned to her, just as she had planned. She looked into the mirror which showed her sister kissing the woman whom she had married in a previous timeline. 

"And so it ends", said a shadowy figure that stood next to her, "you should've seen it coming.", added the figure. 

"Yes, I should've", Narcissa turned around to look at the shadow, "I manipulated time and space to reach this conclusion", she said, "so yes, I should've seen it coming. And I also did."

"And yet you still did it. Even though you knew how it would end.", said the shadow. 

"Yes."

"I just have trouble understanding it.", replied the shadow. 

"I love her", Narcissa looked at the mirror again, "I've loved her ever since we were children, I fell in love with her, when we were teenagers and my heart still burns for her now. That's why I did what I did: because I love her. More than anything.", she explained. 

"And yet you will let her go."

"I have to", Narcissa wiped away a tear, "my actions were wrong, I see that now.", she said. 

"Very well", the shadow begun to grow larger, and soon it consumed Narcissa. 

"Goodbye, my beloved.", Narcissa said softly, before she was gone from this world.