Chapter 25 - Attack

Bellatrix looked at the house in which her lover was kept captive. Anger filled her. She trembled. She was furious and she wanted nothing more, than to burn down anyone who kept Hermione away from her. She knew who had done it, and she knew that she would have to fight against this person. And yet she wished she didn't have to, she wished she could just turn back time and start all over again. But she couldn't - there was no way for her to do that. And so she went on the offensive. 

"Ma'am, it's time we start the attack.", said Lisa, walking up to Bellatrix. 

"Yes, it is.", Bellatrix turned to her. "No prisoners, I want all of them dead.", she said and walked by Lisa. 

"Ma'am, this is an unwise decision", replied Lisa, "if we take no prisoners, our enemies are less likely to surrender."

"I don't want them to."

"But ma'am-"

"Stop it!", commanded Bellatrix. "I will take out anyway who comes between Hermione and me, did you understand that?", she asked angrily. 

Lisa nodded. 

"Good, now that you understand that, do what I bloody tell you.", she said and then she felt Lisa grabbing her left arm. 

"Once we do that, we can't turn back, and you know it.", she said to Bellatrix. 

"I know... I know.", repeated Bellatrix. 

"So you really are willing to do that", noticed Lisa, "well I swore loyalty to you, so I will do whatever you command me to." 

"Good. Carry out your duty.", Bellatrix then walked away from Lisa, she went to her temporary office, and then sat on the chair that was in front of a big table. "Why does the world always try to keep us away from each other?", she asked herself, lamenting on how the world was doing its best to keep the two lovers separated. "It's always the same, it never ends.", she whispered to herself. 

She thought about it all, she thought on what she could've done differently, and one terrible thought crossed her mind: she could've destroyed the world, and just save Hermione. If there would be no one besides them, nobody would be there to ever threaten them. But she could never do that, could she? No, she couldn't, she said to herself. And yet... something deep inside her knew, that she could do just that. If pushed far enough, if there was no other way out. 

"I care more about her than the world.", she said to herself, feeling relieved that she had finally admitted this to herself. "I would destroy the damn world for her.", she added and then looked at the picture of Hermione that lay on the table. "Hermione, I will do whatever is needed to make us one again, I will destroy anyone who stands in our path!", she said while looking at the picture. She knew what she had to do. She knew it very well. 

You always take what you want. 

You think your needs are more important than anyone else's needs. 

The only thing that matters to you, is yourself. 

No, she thought to herself. That wasn't true. Yes, she took what she wanted, but she didn't believe that her needs were above everyone else's needs. And so she walked towards the window in her office, she looked outside and saw the lightning that crossed the sky, that forked itself and lit up the night. The world seemed as if it were torn asunder. Bellatrix stared at the sky for a while, wondering where she would take Hermione, once she had freed her from the grasp of her sister. Somewhere where no one can bother us, she thought.