Chapter 37 - Thoughts

A few hours later, the two women were laying in bed, with Hermione snuggled up to Bellatrix as the latter had her right arm wrapped around her, while Hermione gently played with her wifes beautiful dark hair. She wished this moment would never end, but she knew it would. So she just tried to enjoy the moment instead of, as she so often did, thinking about what would happen after it. But it was to no avail. They had spend nearly all night loving each other and now it was morning and Hermione, as she noticed while looking at the watch on the wall in their bedroom, had to go to work soon anyway. 

"I have to go to work...", Hermione whispered into Bellatrix's ear. 

"Call in sick, spend the time here.", replied Bellatrix and kissed Hermione. 

"I already did that multiple times for you, they're going to suspect I'm not sick when I call in and say I am.", Hermione said and got up from her bed, feeling Bellatrix's gaze traveling over her body. "And by the way, I can feel you checking me out.", she added. 

"Then you shouldn't have tried to be such a pleasure to look at.", mused Bellatrix and also got up from the bed, her eyes still fixated on Hermione who was now hastily dressing herself. "That business attire always makes me weak in the knees.", admitted Bellatrix. 

"Maybe I'll keep it on when I come back", Hermione leaned over to Bellatrix to give her a long kiss, "see you later, darling.", she said before she kissed her again. After that, Hermione left to go to work, leaving Bellatrix with not much to do but to take a shower, dress herself and then hit the town to eat something as she didn't feel like cooking at home. 

As she was walking through the town, looking for the restaurant where she would eat something, she felt someone tapping her shoulder. Bellatrix quickly turned around and once she had done that, she was looking into a beautiful, round and fair face, one framed by blonde hair that fell down to the woman's shoulders. It was Luna Lovegood. 

"Luna", Bellatrix looked at her in surprise, "I didn't expect you to be here!"

"Long time no see, huh?", Luna smiled. "I just saw you from across the street and thought that I just had to say hello."

"Hello back", said Bellatrix, "so what brings you here?", she asked. 

"Picking up a dress for a special someone.", Luna answered. 

"And who is that special someone?", asked Bellatrix. 

"My sort of fiancée.", said Luna. 

"Sort of? What does that mean exactly?", Bellatrix raised an eyebrow while smiling. 

"Our relationship is a wild and undefined, you know? Sometimes here and there. We go for months when we can't let go of each other, then when get in fights, we both leave and date someone else. Then when we come back together and then I catch her with our landlord's wife and she later catches me with a woman I met at a bar. But this year we decided to tie the knot. So we will be married but still free, if you understand what I mean.", explained Luna. 

"Luna you are still crazy.", was Bellatrix's response which made Luna laugh out loud. 

"I guess I am... And what are you doing here?", asked Luna in return. 

"Looking for something to eat.", answered Bellatrix. 

"There's a restaurant here that's pretty good. Want me to invite you for lunch?", asked Luna. 

"Sure. Why not?"

And so the two women walked into that restaurant and while they did, Bellatrix had to admit to herself, that she still found Luna to be insanely attractive. There was just this raw pure confidence she had in herself, that made almost everyone around her melt the moment they got to know her. It certainly did back when she dated her for a short while. 

"You know you look great.", Luna said as they had almost finished their meals. 

"I can only say the same about you. Love what you've done to your hair.", Bellatrix replied. 

"You do? Yeah, I cut it shorter for the first time in my life.", Luna said. "Not so sure if I'm going to keep the style though. Also speaking of hair, yours is still as beautiful as it ever was."

"You sure? I've noticed a few grey strands in it.", Bellatrix complained. 

"They make you look more attractive.", Luna said and suddenly Bellatrix could feel Luna's foot brushing up against her leg under the table. 

"Uh Luna, what are you doing?", she asked. 

"Nothing.", Luna still brushed against her, sending warm feelings all over Bellatrix's body. 

"You know I'm married, right?", she asked Luna. 

"Hey I'm not doing anything forbidden here!", exclaimed Luna. 

"I guess you're not.", responded Bellatrix. 

"So should I keep going?", asked Luna. 

"Yes.", Bellatrix partially hated herself for how quick that answer came out of her mouth. 

After they were finished, they walked to where Bellatrix lived. Once they were inside the house, they started catching up even more and eventually, Luna showed Bellatrix a new spell she had invented. One that made music that one thought of play out of thin air. And so they started to dance and it ended with Luna pressed against Bellatrix, having her arms wrapped around her arms, as the latter had hers around her waist, pulling her closer to her. Their lips were mere inches apart. 

Meanwhile at Hermione's workplace...

Hermione was in the bathroom, brushing her today's unruly hair before pulling it back into a classy ponytail. She wasn't alone as she thought, because one cabin opened and the woman she had had an affair with in the past walked out. Still as beautiful as ever, and still with that same raw, dominating confidence. 

"Long today, huh?", asked Lena. 

"You don't have to tell me.", said Hermione. 

"It was torture for me today. My husband at home won't stop complaining about irrelevant stuff, my daughter is now out of the house but still drops by to ask for money and here at work I get almost buried in paperwork.", Lena said. 

"Lots of paperwork for you as well? Tell me about it. My desk is filled with it.", Hermione responded. 

"So we share that burden.", Lena turned around to Hermione after she got done washing her hands. "Both married and both buried in work. Who would've guessed life would turn out like that, hm?"

Hermione laughed. 

"Laughing at others misery? My, my, you are a nasty woman, Mrs. Black.", Lena said jokingly. 

"This is coming from the woman who seduced a woman 23 years younger than her on her second work day.", Hermione shot back. 

"Seducing you? Oh my, you were basically throwing yourself at me!"

"Throwing myself at you? How?", asked Hermione. 

"By always staying late, by undressing me from across the room, don't think I didn't notice!"

"Okay, you got me!", Hermione raised her hands. "I always found you attractive.", she admitted. 

They both laughed, looked at each other, and then both leaned in for a passionate kiss that ended with them in a cabin, one that Lena quickly closed, before pressing Hermione against the toilet seat, quickly unbuttoning the shirt she was wearing. But before they would go any further, Hermione stopped her. 

"No, Lena.", she said. 

"No? Okay.", Lena backed off. She opened the cabin and walked outside, but not before turning back to Hermione for one last time. "Let's eat lunch tomorrow, if you want.", she said before then leaving the toilet, not giving Hermione enough time to come up with an answer.