Chapter 28 - Time

It wasn't long until they were in front of the mirror, and it wasn't long, until Hermione had figured out on how to use it. She took Bellatrix's hand into hers, she squeezed it tightly and then she walked into the mirror. It was cold, dark and it was mysterious. All at the same time. Bellatrix felt fear, but she also felt hope. And with that, they turned back time. 

In the Hall of Prophecies

The spell never hit her. Instead of hitting her, and throwing her into the gate, Hermione dodged the spell. It wasn't herself who did it, but her future self, who had taken control over her past self. She looked at Bellatrix - oh how beautiful she was, before she then felt something pulling her back to the gate. The future was going to be rewritten. 

I don't want that, no, please, thought Hermione, but the strong was too powerful, and she felt herself getting less and less real. They had set the timeline right, they had prevented Hermione ever going back into the past. And now... now that the timeline was correcting itself, she felt her memories of Bellatrix fading. Was that it? Was this the way it would end? 

Hermione's fading future self shared one last look with Bellatrix's future self. 

"I love you", she simply stated. 

"I love you too", replied Bellatrix. 

"I will never stop loving you.", Hermione felt tears pouring down her face. 

"We will meet again, I promise.", guaranteed Bellatrix. 

"If we don't, I'm going to kick your ass.", replied Hermione with a sad smile. 

"Notice taken.", replied Bellatrix. 

"Where will we meet again?", asked Hermione. 

"I don't know, but we will meet again."

"Then... see you later... Bellatrix.", and with that, their future selves went away. They were pulled back into the gate, never to be seen again. And the timeline then played out exactly how it was always supposed to play out. 

With just one slight difference: Bellatrix never tortured Hermione, and Hermione never grew to hate her for that.