{3}

(Pic of Link's transformation ---->)

        It felt like an eternity had passed as I stared up at him as he took in my slightly dishevelled appearance. The King rubbed my slight scruff and made a tsk sound, “You need to get rid of that.” His other hand went to my hair, tugged on it, tsking once again. He wasn’t too pleased with my current hair style. My head dropped as he released my chin, he turned away from me slightly, and he turned back with a dot of shaving cream in a little bowl with a little brush to apply the cream. Two of the King’s fingers tipped my head back, and gently started to apply the cream royally to my scruffy face.

        No other sound but the brush applying cream was heard. I didn’t even panic as he pulled out an sharp old school straight razor, for some reason I trusted this man with my life completely. Our eyes kept locked on each other as he scraped the razor along my skin, removing the offensive facial hair. “Don’t move.” The King murmured as I swallowed once as the razor moved along my throat. “There, that’s better.” He rubbed a towel along my face, removing left over cream from it while inspecting it. It felt weird, no longer having any scruff. I had gotten used to it over the years, since I mostly have the hectic cases; I only shaved when I had the chance or when I was home. Sadly that wasn’t a lot, so I decided it was easier to have a permanent scruff on my face and trim the scuff instead of shaving.

        I touched my cheek, surprised that it’s as smooth as a babe’s backside. But the King wasn’t finished yet; he pulled a bottle out of nowhere. It was hydrating aftershave, or so the label on the bottle said. The stuff was cool; it felt like there was a protective layer added to my recently shaved skin. His knuckles traced my lips as he rubbed the aftershave on my skin, my lips parted and I started panting lightly. To my surprise I felt my pants getting a little tighter, making me shift uncomfortable on the leather seat. If he noticed he didn’t say anything about it, which I was grateful for. 

        "Thank you." I say once he finishes because I felt like I should thank him; he did just save me the time of shaving. 

        "You're welcome." His deep velvety voice drifts into my ears as he caresses my now smooth cheek. "I have a hairdresser, Lance, that will give you a haircut, and Lord knows you need one." He says while walking over to the office and picking up the office phone.

        He gives instructs to get said hairdresser; Lance into his office ASAP before hanging up without a goodbye or thank you. We wait in a slightly awkward silence just staring at each other. After hearing so much of the mysterious King of The Pleasure District it's kind of shocking that I'm staring him in the face, not the eyes. His eyes are too intense for me to stare at longer than a few minutes. A knock comes to the door and the King tells them to come in.

        Within a minute Lance was in the room, unpacking his supplies. The King would let Lance do his thing to Link, under strict his supervision.

        I hate to say it but, Lance’s hands were magic. I relaxed entirely as he gently massaged shampoo in my hair above the tub in the bathroom that was hidden behind the other door. After having it washed and conditioned, he directed me to sit on the closed toilet seat so he could cut my hair. In no time he was finished, and told me I could use the shower to wash away the small hairs that might have gotten under the cape and in my t-shirt. 

        Lance waved away my protest with on hand “The King won’t mind.” There was a slight commanding tone to it, I shrugged it off and started peeling off my clothes. “You just need to wet your hair; there is no need to wash it twice.” Standing under the warm water spray, I let my mind wonder about the whole situation, I was missing something. I was startled out of my wondering mind by Lance’s voice on the other side of the thick glass wall that separated the shower from the rest of the room. “I have some clothes here you can wear; the ones you were wearing are no longer needed.” I could feel his probing gaze for a few minutes before he disappeared. Once I was sure he was gone I turned off the shower and dried myself off. With the towel around my waist I stepped from behind the glass wall and was met with a neatly stacked pile of clothes.