{4}

(Pic of the books Link reads---->) I also want to thank you all for reading this! (1.8K readers! O.o)

The run I had last night took my mind off the possibility of something being wrong with my blood. I was met with no blinking lights and no interruption during my run so I figured it must all be good. That explains why I am now at the clinic at 08.00 am in the morning the next day, the doctor called me at half past seven telling me my results were in and if I wanted to come down for a full explanation. Well I always rather wanted to hear those kinds of things in person than over the phone. "Thank you for coming in this early in the morning." The doctor patted the examination table where I gingerly sat down. "Don't worry, Mister Monroe. It's all good news!" The cheerful sound of the doctor sounded in my ear. I was surprised that the results were in so quickly but I wasn't going to complain.

When I got there, Roland was there too. I was told that he was present every time a new employee was being tested and the results were in. It was also the quickest doctor's visit I ever had in my life. Roland wrapped his arm about my shoulders as he grinned "Come with me back to the club and we can talk about your schedule of work." Not surprisingly we walked from the clinic to the club, once there I met one of the most famous trans-performers group. They were pretty interesting, and quite confusing to me. I didn't know how to properly behave around them. They just laughed and were overall nice as they wished me good luck as Roland and Bear tugged me along up to the control room. We spoke lengthy for a few hours, making sure that there were no mistakes. Since both were off duty today, I invited them over to my apartment.

Bear and Roland looked around curiously at the sparsely furnished apartment. Bear grinned as he noticed the book lying on the table. "You read it?" I flushed a little, "Yeah I did, it was pretty informative." Bear put the book back into his bag and smiled in thanks as I put down the tray with several damping cups of coffee. "Have you been around the neighbourhood?" Roland asked; I had learned that he and Bear lived in the same neighbourhood. "Yeah, I went around the big park behind the complex but haven't been to the centre or anything yet."

"You are quite the reader aren't you?" Bear said as he walked over to the massive bookcases that dominated the wall besides the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the park behind the complex. "One of my sins." I admit, looking fondly at the masses of books I collected in my years on the force. "Well, now is a good time as any for you to go to the centre. We need to get you suited up for the job and I made an appointment with a tailor for you. So let's get going." We all piled into Roland's car; a beautiful sleek and silver Mercedes.

The centre was like any other town centre; it had several supermarkets, restaurants, a tattoo/piercing parlour, a jewellers, a bookstore, a kink store, pharmacists, a furniture store, pet store and a tailors. The tailor was housed in one of the older more imposing buildings in the whole centre. A copper bell sounded as Roland pushed the door open and motioned me to come inside, "You can go to the bookstore after this." He grinned as I had to force myself to turn back to him.

"Master Roland, Master Bear, what a lovely surprise." A woman in her late forties, early fifties came from a door wearing a measuring tape around her neck. Her eyes widened slightly as she saw me "Mrs. Mercury, please meet Lincoln Monroe our newest employee." Ronald introduced her, "Nice to meet you ma'am." I shook her dainty hand. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she took in my posture. "Mrs. Mercury and her husband own the tailor shop." Roland said as he and Bear said down in two leather seats near the fitting booths. After fitting numerous jeans and shirts, Mrs. Mercury finally selected five outfits she thought were the best fit for me. She grumbled under her breath about Scots and their unnatural sizes. I didn't say anything but meekly paid the tab and lifted the two bags she handed me. "Have a good day, Master Roland, Master Bear and Mister Monroe." Mumbling the same under my breath I finally heaved a great sigh as we left the stuffy shop.