{27}

Picture of the play pamphlet

Link's pov

With one look at Master Cedric, I raced after Bear. It is not good for him to be stuck in his head with this information. So imagine my surprise when I find Bear angrily pacing the length of the master bedroom, muttering to himself. My shoulders feel lighter; I had expected him to be a little more anxious, scared. He looks up at hearing the floorboard creak under my weight and I can see the conflict going on behind his beautiful eyes.

"They will catch him right?" My posture sags a little as he asks me that particular question with a voice full of hope. I take a seat on the end of the bed and he eagerly follows me.

"I think they will, from what I have heard is that they are quiet close to catching him. And with Mickey, his sole accomplice caught, they will get to him." I cup his face when it lights up with joy and relief. "But it might take a while." I winch slightly as he deflates a little. "I know the procedures they need to go through and all the paperwork needs to be signed and several people need to be briefed and even then there is no saying he will disappear and reappear again later."

Bear leans his forehead against mine, closing his eyes. "I know that," he murmurs softly. "I am just done with being scared all the time of him popping up randomly and having to look over my shoulder the whole time." He sighs, "I just want this to be over with."

I hug him tightly, pressing a kiss to the top of his head, "I know babe, I know."

Reagan's pov

I curse myself as I still am stuck in the damn chair when the front door creaks open and a shadow of a man lines the walls. Looking around for a good weapon and coming up empty, I sigh quietly in relief when Mickey steps into the room. "Damn it man, why didn't you say something? I thought I was a goner." I grunt when I finally heave myself out of the now crumbling chair.

"You're a sick man Reagan." I stop dusting myself off and look up at him with an eyebrow raised. "Killing your own parents, burning them alive?... Claiming you love your brother but leave him behind as the building he locked up in catches fire? You walk away unscratched while he is calling out to you? Begging you to safe him?" He shakes his head, and before I can blink, a barrel of a gun looks back at me. "That's just wrong, I can take a lot of shit, but this... you... you are truly evil man."

"What did they say to you?" I growl, clenching my hands into tight fists, pretty sure someone has been blabbing about me.

Mickey shakes his head "Doesn't matter anymore."He steadies the gun with both hands, "The only thing that matters now is that you are going to pay for your sins."

My body moves on its own as I watch Mickey clicks off the safety, his wide, surprised eyes look up at me as we both tumble down to the floor. A gunshot goes off as we both grunt and groan for the possession of the gun. Blinking, I see a liquid red pool on the floor and Mickey stops struggling. Grinning triumphantly, I make a move to get up but can't. My body refuses to move the way I want it too.Frowning I look up at the shadow that falls over us, my eyes widening at the grin behind the gun pointed at me.

Cedric's pov

It is very hard to not smile at Bear's obvious joy, as we get ready to see the play at the Lake House Theatre. I adjust my cufflink shaking my head as I hear Bear go on and on about how wonderful the Lake House theatre is and how he adores the story of Peter Pan. Even Link has a hard time to keep the smile of his face. It appears that somewhere in his earlier years, Bear was invited to a birthday party of a child of one of the actors that were doing a show at the Lake House Theatre and that were it. Bear fell in love with the place. He even risked his father's wrath for asking if they could go there for his birthday.