{22}

Sexy Bear in bed!

Cedric's pov

How dare he! 

I still can't get Bear's terrified face out of my mind. When he said that Charles Rains was he older brother Reagan he looked like he expected to be hit or laughed at. And how can Darius not to a thorough background check on this guy? Is he getting sloppy? If he is I will never recommend him again to anybody! He should know who it was that made him this big! I can squash him like a bug if I feel like doing so!

"You might want to stop glaring like that Cedric."

Lance pops up at my side out of nowhere, I am too angry to care that I scare people with my expression. Bear's reactions this morning made it quite clear how terrified he is of Charles or Reagan or whatever the hell his name is.

"I want Darius in my office. And I wanted him there yesterday."

I growl out, getting a surprised gasp from Lance but he quickly scurries off to do my bidding. No doubt a little frightened by my uncharacteristic anger. I pace up and down my office in the few minutes it takes to locate and bring back Darius. When he finally arrives I resist the urge to beat him to a bloody pulp. Lauren and Lance follow after, I don't mind them being here, and I need to talk to Lauren later anyhow.

"Sit."

I hiss through clenched teeth as Darius looks confused from me to Lance and back again. Thankfully he does as told and sits down in one of my visitors chairs. I hold up my hand when he opens his mouth to speak.

"You will only speak when spoken to."

He frowns but closes his mouth, huffing under his breath. I lean against the front of my desk glaring and doing my best not to murder the man on the spot.

"Did you or did you not do a full scale background check on Charles Rains before considering nominating him as a possible Dom for Bear?"

Darius glares at me as he leans back in his seat, crossing his arms. Me, Lance and Lauren all stare at him as he keeps quiet. I could see the little gears working, but one larger essential gear is missing.

"Are you saying I am not up to the simple job of checking out someone's background Cedric?"

So that's the way he takes it. Well it is due to his incompetence that this happened.

"If it means that you can't distinguish a fake ID from a real one then, yes Darius I doubt your competence."

I was going out on a limb here and think he must have changed his identity illegally.

"Bear positively identified Charles Rains as his lost older brother Reagan Black."

A horrified silence followed and Darius looked confused.

"You know that Bear's real name is Patrick Black right?"

Here Darius nodded, everybody knew that Patrick's home life wasn't the most stable. But that was only on the surface.

"Well, since Bear met Charles Rains the other day he has been worried and frightened." I held up a hand as Darius wants to say something.

"And no, it has nothing to do with him meeting a Dungeon Master. He has met several before, so that isn't it. It was only after his rest from the scene that he admitted that Charles is his older brother Reagan."

I roll my neck a few times, trying to get rid of the increasing tension. "You should have seen his face Darius; I have never in my life seen a man so terrified in his life by uttering such a simple sentence."