{12}

Roland!

I watch worriedly as Master sits in front of me in Bear's living room. After calling him last night that I wouldn't make it back in time, he insisted to come over this morning. My body jolted as Master's hand lands softly on my head. "You are not in any trouble pet, so please relax." My tense body sags as I lean into his touch as he cups my cheek. I am seat in front of master on my knees and dressed in my kilt. Master first wanted me to wear booty shorts and boots, but somehow it didn't suit me at all. It wasn't my burly frame, for I had seen plenty of burly guys in the booty shorts walking around the club and it suited them. So why didn't it suit me?

Master had expressed his interest in me wearing a kilt ever since I told him I had one with clan colours and a long history to go along with it. His eyes bulged when I had dug it up and wore it at his request. "This is it." He stated as he circled me once more. "This is what you are going to wear whenever we are like this." His hands trailed from my exposed chest to the red, green, blue and orange plaid kilt. He frowned a little at the pouch in front. "What is this for?" He tugged on it until it came lose and immediately my kilt became undone. "Ah." Blushing as I stand there in the pool of fabric with my hands clasps behind my back, I try not to move under Master's intense gaze. Since that day I have been wearing my kilt more than I had in all my thirty one years combined.

"Pet." Master's gentle but stern voice pulled me back to the present. "Look at me pet and tell me what exactly happened yesterday." I noticed the way Master angrily tenses as I continue to recount of yesterday's ordeal. Although Bear hadn't confirmed, I had a feeling what I thought had happened, had actually happened. It also explained the very faded scars that Bear's body sports. My take on Bear's situation is that his parents were hard working and earnest people when they got married and started their own family. His parents were Reagan and Delilah Black both in their late thirties, local semi successful dairy farmers. They had one son; Reagan Junior who was eight years old when they tried for a second child only to lose it at childbirth. They called the child Carter Patrick or C. P. for short. not much later they had Bear who they called just Patrick. Somehow things went sour as Bear got older. Things got so bad that one day when Bear was locked up in the tool shed a fire broke out killing his parents. Evidence says that his older brother Reagan Junior started it and the fire caught on the tool shed. It was partially burned down when fire fighters noticed Bear's body lying in the corner. At least that's what his case file says.

The whole thing was a mess from the beginning and Bear never really got the counselling he needed to properly give what had happened to his parents a place in his life so he could move on. Just then bear shuffled in bleary eyed and with an ashy colour. He glanced at the floor once he noticed the King sitting there. "Morning Sir." He mumbled with a raspy voice that betrayed the fact that he had been sobbing for most part of the night. "Good morning Bear, how are you feeling?" Bear blushed as he looked wide eyed at the gentle tone Master used. "Uh...um....Pretty good Sir." Master rose to his full intimidating height and strolled over. Bear panicked slightly as Master reached out a paw and cupped Bear's cheek. "Please don't lie to me Bear. I know you're not feeling well." Bear's eyes fluttered closed at Master's comforting touch, unconsciously pressing further into the touch.

Master led him to the couch and set him down as Bear took a deep shaky breath, telling what happened at his family home. Pretty much along the lines like I thought; he was born to replace his deceased brother but never meeting any expectations his parents had no matter how hard he tried. His account of the fire was spot on with what I thought; he was locked up in the tool shed for not getting a grade to his parents' standard when the fire broke out. He claimed he shouted and screamed until his lungs were sore and he heard his brother laughing a few feet away. With his last strength, he called out to his brother for calling the police or the fire department but his brother just laughed before leaving.