{28}

Link's pov

        I stare silently at the unmoving body in the hospital bed, repressing the urge to pull all the plugs of the machines that are keeping the bastard breathing. He doesn't deserve a trail or to be alive for what he did to Bear! As good as that would feel, I turn away and look at the slumped over form next to the bed. Bear is sitting hunched over in the tiny plastic chair, staring wide-eyed at the white face that has probably been tormenting him for years.

        He flinches as I softly tap his shoulder, "Do you want to leave Bear?" His head snaps up before nodding rapidly and practically running out of the room. "You better not wake up again you bastard." The nurse on duty snaps up her head from the patient chard, undoubtedly unnerved by my words. Shrugging I leave the room, intending to locate Bear so we can go home and we can get ready for work. Despite everything that was going on, Bear decided he was continuing to work. He said he wouldn't know what to do when he didn't work. That also explains why he never or near to never takes a day off. So far the only reason he will take time off is if Rosalie is involved. But since she is off with her parents on her mother's world tour, that is not going to happen.

         I still feel a little odd as I see Roland around. Ever since Master claimed Bear as his own, the guy has been a little depressed. I think he was hoping Bear would take him on his suggestion of taking care of him. But he has found an outlet for his frustrations so it seems, I winch slightly as Roland seems to be in a heated argument with Rico about something. That has been happening a lot lately, Roland and Rico fighting. I wonder what happened to their smooth communication. But that has to wait as I continue to scan the multiple screens that are dotted around the club and see Bear being approached by Master Darius. After a quick conversation he let's Master Darius pass and I see him practically run up the stairs to Master's main office like the hounds of hell are chasing him.

         The evening passes quietly and I am surprised byLance's appearance on the club's main dance floor. He seems very intent ondancing his stress away. Although there are quite a few people, males inparticular that are looking at him heatedly, the white bracelet on his wristkeeps them from making a move. Not the people on the dance floor, they allgrind and grate against him and he seems to love it. After a while he heads offto the bar and orders a drink and my eyes scan the rest of the bar area.Grumbling under my breath I notify the two bouncers in the club near the dancefloor that there is a fight about to break out near the bar. As they swiftlyhaul the two guys out of the club, I get a good look at their faces and seethat this is the second time this has happened and I notify my superior with acc attachment to Master as club rules regulate.    

          Bear's pov

          It's been days now, weeks, since Reagan was shot and landed in the hospital. I have only visited him a few times, despite the encouragement of the hospital staff. I am not even sure I want him to wake up again. It has gotten so bad that I am having sleepless nights over the question what I should do if he wakes up or doesn't wake up. I know that I should let him go should he never wake up. And I also know that I will always be looking over my shoulder should he wake up and go to trail.

          "Come here Cub." Master's Dom voice pulls me out of my negative spiral and I snap my head up. He stands here on the living room's door's threshold and leads me up the stairs to the main bedroom. I don't say a word as he leads me into the playroom. "Strip." I quickly discard my booty shorts and place them neatly in one of the few cubicles near the door.

          "Look at me." I look up from my kneeling position on the middle of the floor and see worry churn in Master's eyes. I feel them widen as he bends down and cups my face. "The state you are in isn't good for you. Today we are going to continue our lesson with you focusing on the here and now. For I know that you have a lot of trouble with that." He strokes my cheek softly before getting up and forcing me with him.