{15}

The King being worried!

I was shaving my stubble when I heard Bear shout out a goodbye before my door opened and closed. After our little rumble on the kitchen floor and we cleaned up, Bear had reheated the soup he made. It was good, healthy and most of all filling. Bear spares no expenses when it came to making his famous chicken soup.  Satisfied that my stubble was tamed once more, I apply some aftercare cream to my face. Master loves trailing his fingertips along my freshly shaven skin for some reason. Nodding at my reflection, I make my way to my bedroom where I tug on some baggy clothes. Today was my day off and Master was busy in a meeting so I decided to clean up my apartment a little.

King's pov

The board meeting seemed to drag on and on. I couldn't focus on what was being said, my mind kept going back to what Link had said about wanting Bear to be my Sub as well. Although I could see the potential Bear had as a Sub, I just don't know if I could guide him properly. I never really thought about taking on another Sub besides Link, he was the only one I wanted. Although I heard and saw several Doms having more than one Sub at a time, I never wondered about it.

"That concludes this meeting."

I let out a tiny sigh of relief. I tap my fingers lightly against my desk as I wait for the summary to be sent to me. Leaning back against my seat, I turn to look out my floor to ceiling windows. The windows look out over the busy pedestrian walk way, there was a market going on. To my utter surprise I spot Link and Bear out and about strolling around the market. They were laughing as they look at the wares for sale. I had to admit that they looked good together. Great in fact, they complimented each other as they laugh and joke. And now that Bear is taking Sub classes, I can tell Bear was getting better and a little happier.

What I didn't understand is the uncomfortable feeling in my chest whenever I see Bear talking to another Dom. Although nothing usually comes from it, there is this annoying tightness in my chest. I know Link has noticed, I mean how can he not? We are together almost 24/7. A ping sounded throughout the room, pulling my gaze from the sunny outside world to my light up computer screen. The note from today's meeting. Rolling my stiff neck muscles, I prepare myself for a few more hours being glued to my desk before I can return to Link's wonderful presence. I was so emerged in the subject of today's meeting that it took me a while to realise that my phone was ringing.

I frown as Link's private number flashes across the tiny screen. "Yes pet?" More alarm bells go off in my head as I hear his heavy breathing, clearly that he is trying not to cry. "What is it pet? What happened? You can talk to me you know that." There was a little rustling sound before Bear's deeper baritone filled my ears. "S-Sir? It - it is Bear Sir. Link is here having a little break down." I sat up straight in my seat, suddenly fully alert. "I -I don't know what exactly happened but when we returned from the market a few minutes ago the phone rang and one of his brothers called. It seems his father had accident during work hours and is now in surgery. They have already booked his ticket and he is to leave in a few hours."

A few hours?! "I will be right there." I disconnect and grab my keys before storming out of my office. I shoot Lance and Lauren a quick text that I couldn't make it to our annual diner today. I also told them about Link's father and they both wished Link the best and told me we could do this another more convenient time. My drive was reckless, but none the less I made it to Link's apartment within ten minutes. Bear opened the door before I even reached it; his face was a little pale and drawn. Showing he was really a little lost on how to handle the situation. Walking into the living room, I nearly stumbled over a packed weekend bag along with Link's passport and a print out of his ticket. It was a one-way ticket. So he doesn't know when he will be back, if he ever comes back. "He will return." I looked to the side as Bear softly muttered the words. "He has to."