{25}

The butt plug!!

Bear's pov

I tremble as I take a seat across from a stern looking detective. He has bags under his eyes and his skin looks sketchy and pale. Did Link ever look like this when he was on a case? I wonder in silent panic as I nervously fiddle with my fingers in my lap. I was having second thoughts about telling him about my life when I was still little Patrick Black. Tension drains from my body as I feel Link squeeze my hands and Master stand behind me with his hands softly massaging my shoulders. Silently telling everything will be alright.

The cup of hot dark liquid stands untouched in front of me until Link offers it and I take it, letting it warm me freezing hands. I shudder at the warmth in my hands; I keep a tight grip on the plastic cup, not caring that I might have blisters later. A soft click as me snapping up my eyes from the table; dragging me back into the present. The detective bulldog like face softens slightly, as he nods and waits for me to begin the tale about the tragedy that befell my family.

Looking up through my lashes at Master, who gives me a slight nod and a warm squeeze to my shoulders I take a deep breath. Placing the cup on the table I focus on the deep scratch in the wood near the cup. It reminds me of the ugly scar Reagan has on the back of his left thigh; he got stuck in some barbed wire when he was climbing over a fence.

"It all started on the day my older brother Reagan had an accident while climbing over a fence with barbed wire....."

Link's pov

Although I have heard many bad stories, Bear's had me grinding my teeth and balling my hands to fists. I am pretty sure that there will be little bloody half-moon imprints in my palm. Maybe it's because I just couldn't believe it or that I am too close to Bear to judge objectively. Throwing caution to the win, I reach over and pull Bear in my lap, hugging him hard. Master's hand was shaking as he places it on the top of my head, telling me he was more than angry too.

The detective was scribbling furiously as Bear continues to describe how his parents continued to ignore him and Reagan sexually harassing him. Bear never really got to the bottom of the reason why Reagan started sexually harass him. What had my blood boil was the fact that when Bear got to an orphanage, the same thing happened to him what his parents did to him. He was ignored and shoved into a corner.

I wasn't too surprised that when Bear finally got to leave the orphanage, he had such a low self-esteem that he had been put on suicide watch for the first six months. My heart breaks as he tells the tale of his wanderings throughout the country, looking for something. I can't resist the urge to kiss him when he proudly says that he was looking for Master's guidance and my presence.

"Aw, thank you baby." I coo, tightening my hold on him. "I need your presence too, Bear. Always." I press my forehead against his shoulder as the detective proposed a little break before continuing. Bear rewards me with a light carefree laugh, squeezing my hands lightly.

Master Cedric's pov

I breathe deeply as Bear's dam breaks and everything bad to him just spills out. Silently I am glad that his parents are already dead, if they weren't, they wouldn't be around much longer. Yet, the more he speaks the straighter he sits up on Link's lap. The weight that seemed to weigh him down most of the time disappears with the more he talks.

When we return to our house, yes, Bear is in the process of moving in, both Bear and Link rush upstairs to get freshened up. I shake my head as I hear their laughter filled with obvious joy float down the stairs.

I look up from the book I was reading, as there was a knock on the doorpost and see Bear standing near the door threshold, wearing the see-through booty shorts he wore last time he was here. Putting my book down, I rise out of my chair and stalk my way over. Bear keeps his head down, stares at his wiggling toes with his hands lightly clasped behind his back.