A Dilemma!

The Next Day.

I was walking down the lane with her trying to get into the topic. I didn't know how to start it because I'd never had any other friends than her. Somehow I should sort it out so I got into the matter.

"By the way, I have something to talk about with you," I said to her without any eye contact. She turned toward me in a calm manner which made me relax.

"What is it? Go on!" She was calm which was a little strange but good, to be honest

"Umm- So Anna invited me to go for a day out with them this weekend so do you mind joining me?" As soon as I asked that she stopped walking and turned toward me.

"Hmm..so that's what you were so nervous about and hear me out, my answer is no." She continued her walk. I stood there thinking about what to do.

"And don't forget our sleepover Come home on time Mom's preparing a lot for us!"

"Please Christy let's go together and we can return by evening, I said yes to them and now I can't Back out!" She looked at me folding her arms.

"Wow if you said yes that's your mistake. You should have asked me first! If you want leave and don't mind me and I don't really like your new friend!"

"What's wrong with you? You never ever agree to what I say and You control me like crazy!" This time I had to talk it out. "Are you starting a fight because of that bitch! Wow, and you hate my freedom over you?"

"Mind your language! If you don't like her it's fine but you have no right to decide whether she is good or bad!" This time it really got on my nerves how judgmental she is!

"This is me! You never questioned me all these years and out of nowhere, you are starting a fight. That too because you cant hang out with them!"

" I said nothing because I felt sorry for you! Nobody would have accepted someone like you other than me. I kept aside all the girly things I wanted to do just because you hated it. I always wanted to go out to fun places with you but you always hesitate. I am the one who gave up everything for someone selfish like you!" I have never said something like that to her but it's time to talk up.

"You know what you can hang out with them and never ever come back to me!! I can manage myself on my own. Go and do all the girly things you wanted to do with them. I don't care!" As soon as she finished talking she walked away.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I don't know if I am the one who did wrong or her. I was so mad and that's the reason I said all those things. Yes, all those things are true. All I wanted was a sweet friendship but I got something opposite.

I was lying down in my bed crying. That made me realize even though she is cold and bold and tough towards me I loved her with my whole heart. And I love to believe that it's the same for her. I can't go out with a mind like this so I decided to call John and back out from the plan.

John
<Hello!>

Kriti
<Hey I wanted to tell you something..>

John
<Go On! Is there any problem?>

Kriti
<I am so sorry but I don't think I can join you guys this weekend.>

John
<Oh no! What's the matter? Did your Dad say no?>

Kriti
<Umm- actually I have plans for this weekend maybe I can join you next time..>

John
<But you said yes today too right Why are you changing it out of the blue?

Kriti
<I am so sorry about that. I had a situation which is a bit personal so I am so sorry..>

John
<Its okay You don't have to be sorry. Relax and be happy that's all I want you to be.>

Kriti
< That's so sweet of you. I just need some time and I'll be okay.>

John
<Umm then can we meet tomorrow after school. I really had something to tell you, that's the actual reason why I invited you to hang out. So do you mind meeting me after school and don't worry I'll make it quick.>

Kriti
< That's fine.I can spare some minutes for you.>

John
<Thank you so much so let's meet in the Cafe nearby and make sure you come along.>

Kriti
<Umm-Okay..>

John
<Ok, then I'll see you tomorrow. Take care of yourself and I hope you overcome your issues.Byee>

Kriti
<Take care of yourself too...Byee!>

I wonder what's the thing he wanted to tell me. I don't know if I should expect something special.....