Changing Hopes..

The Next Day

Still wondering what he wanted to discuss with me...I was walking down the corridor and I ran into her. Yes, my best friend Christy. She didn't even look at me and walked away. This made me angry and sad at the same time. I didn't know what to do. She's not even looking at me. How am I gonna solve this? The lunch break was over and it was my first lunch without her in years. I decided not to join Ann because that could make the condition worse. I went to my class.

" Hey, Are you okay now?" It was John.

"Hmm it's fine she doesn't even look at me.." I said looking down.

"Don't forget to meet me after classes. I'll wait in the Cafe." He said without a smile and the energy he usually holds.

"Yaa I won't," I said and walked towards my seat.

Usually, I sit with Ann but today I changed my seat. She did ask me what was wrong but I can't tell her that my best friend called her bitch so I didn't. John is the only person who knows that. 

We were sitting inside the cafe. We ordered two coffees and waited for them."So I am not sure if this is the right time to talk about this but I can't keep it away anymore and I need your help in this.."He started the conversation and I'm glad that he did because the situation was awkward. I still find him so cute and I really want to yell out my feelings for him but I was scared.

"Umm whatever it is I'm fine so go on and don't feel uncomfortable" I was hoping that he would confess to me and I was ready to say 'Yes'.

"Umm- I really have feelings for a girl in our school and You know her very well," He said while I was sipping my coffee.

I looked at him full of curiosity.."Don't tell me that it's Ann"

"No, it's not!! Who will love someone like her!!!" He said with a disgusted face which made me laugh.

"Sorry!! Then who is it.."I was still hoping that it was me I know myself very well and I'm his friend so there is a chance...I strongly believed that it's gonna be me But...

"Ummm- It's Christy.."