Love Or Friendship?

I couldn't sleep all night. I could hear my phone buzzing nonstop. I was sure it was her. I felt that something was changing in me. The person who loved her the most has started to hate her existence. Even in movies, most friendships are ruined because of a single guy. I didn't want that to happen between her and me so I decided to fix this tomorrow itself...

The Next Day

She was waiting outside my house as she used to. She no longer took my coffee or yelled at me to be early...She patiently waited for me...As soon as I walked out she held my hand...

"Just stop it already...It's not like it's our first fight...Is It? I am really sorry.."She was really sorry I could feel that...I couldn't act cold anymore. I hugged her and for the first time, she hugged me with all her warmth.

"I promise I would be nice to you just like other girls and I'll do all the things you want to do, I am even ready to hang out with Anna and John...So let's just be together.." She said looking into my eyes.

" Just stay as you used to be. Don't even change a bit and I don't want us to go hang with them either...Just be the dumbass you used to be!" I could see her smiling and she hugged me again...

We reached our school and I saw him waiting in front of her class...My heart started racing I wanted to keep it away from her but what if he confesses. We slowly walked toward him.

"Hii...Is everything solved between you two?" he asked us with his usual cute smile.

"Ahh...Why do you care about us and butting in our issues will make it worse so you better stay away from it or you might regret it.." Chisty never failed to act bold and cold. She was an expert in it unlike me and above all, I feel like I have the coolest bestie when she does that.

"Ok, then I will see you after class..wait for me huh?" I said looking at John with an indication to come with me...

We walked towards our class filled with silence. I couldn't open a conversation. As always he broke the silence but it was not that pleasant for me.

"Is everything okay between you both?"

"Hmm she said sorry and we are getting back to normal.." I said trying to stop the topic there but it was an utter failure.

"Umm- so can you introduce and kind of indicate to her about the thing I told you," he said in a cool manner because he thought of me as his best friend which was not very appealing or happy for me.

I really thought " Stop rushing things dumbass" but I couldn't tell that loud. As you know I'm not that brave. "Let's not rush things and I can't guarantee you that it will work well. It's okay for you to have feelings for her but it should be the same for her, so please wait with patience.."

" It's fine even if she rejects me I will patiently wait and moreover I'm lucky to have someone sweet like you as my best friend. I hope it's okay if I consider you as my best buddy." He had something special compared to others...

It's not okay for him to think of me as a best friend because I want to be more than that. But the statement I said "It's okay to have feelings but it should be the same for the other person as well..", also matters to me. I was sure Christy won't like him, especially because she knows that I have feelings for him...BUT WHAT IF SHE DOES...