A Misery..

Christy and I walked home since all the buses were gone a while ago. John said that he'll drop me but I decided to walk with her. It was a little late than usual. I was ready to receive all the anger scolding from my mom. We both were laughing over the fight we had today.

"So Are you gonna date him or what?" I asked. "Maybe no! You know that I don't do romance!"

"He doesn't either. I think you guys will be a nice pair. Even John agreed that he was a good fit for you." I said. "He really is but let's just take it slow." She said smiling.

We were walking through the park. A car stopped by us. We stopped walking and looked into the car. A man in his forties was inside the car. He opened the door and got out. It was him, Christy's dad. I held her hand tight.

"Christy.." He came toward us. She was silent. "How have you been?" He asked caressing her hair. She moved away from him. "Is that what you ask after abandoning us?" He was speechless. Silent flowed between the three of us. "I know I don't deserve forgiveness but I'm sorry..I never abandoned you. It was just that your mom was not good.." Christy stared at him.

"Don't you dare to speak about my mom!" She said. "I'll leave you guys.." I let go of her hand. "No that's not necessary," Christy said holding my hand. I looked at her.

"See Christy, We are talking about our family. Let's talk it out alone." He said taking her hand in his. "Don't touch me. She is my family. She was there for me when you weren't. When everyone blamed me for you abandoning my mom, She was there for me. She stood up for me. And you are not my family. I have my mom and Kriti. And that's my family. You don't belong in that happy space." She yelled at him.

"But you are my daughter.." He said. "No, my rival is your daughter. You have raised her pretty well. She took you away from me and even tried to separate me from Kriti. She is your daughter."Christy left after saying that.

"Can we talk for a minute?" I asked him. We both sat down on a bench in the park.

"She loved you once. But you broke her heart and her childhood. I've been with her since the day you left her. She cried a lot that day. She used to tell me that you were on a business trip and you'll return with tons of chocolates. She even asked me which was my favorite so that she can save them for me. But when she realized the truth she started crying. She even apologized to me for not giving me chocolates. I listened to all her miseries that day. But gradually she became bolder. She never cried, to be honest. You sure did make her stronger. Brave enough to fight anyone." I looked at him with my teary eyes.

"After all these years I saw her crying like that day due to your daughter. Actually, I was not with her and I still regret it. She tries so hard to keep that smile on her face just for her mom. I never pitied her though. I was proud of her. Even when the whole school blamed her for all of this. She still stood strong. It was not her fault after all." I paused and looked at him. He was crying.

"It was all my fault. I always regrets leaving them." He burst into tears. "You might be successful but you don't deserve happiness no matter how much you regret and beg for forgiveness. You ruined her childhood. The only memory she had was you leaving them. And talking about mom. She got weaker day by day, but she had a daughter to feed. She started from nothing. She might not be as successful as you but she raised up a nice soul all by herself. But as I said you made her stronger. That's the only thing you can be happy about. I don't pity mom and Christy for being broken, But I do pity you..." I stood up and wiped off my tears. He cried his heart out.

"I have one request..Please don't show up in front of her. I hate to see her cry."