Out of the blue.

"Martin" I spelled it out. His name was cool just like him. I went to his following section to see if he started following Christy and Appu too, but no. He just follows me. "Why are you overthinking Kriti? Stop It " I said to myself. My phone buzzed which made me stop thinking about him. It was John's message.

"Meet me at the cafe tomorrow. I have something to talk about."

What relation do we share to order me to visit him like this? He's a real asshole. Anyway, I decided to meet him. Let's see what he wants to say.

THE NEXT MORNING

I arrived at the cafe as he asked and waited for him. I ordered my coffee. Of course, I lied to Christy that I'll be late today since I don't want her to find out that I'm meeting him. He entered the cafe looked at me and walked toward me.

"Hey Sorry for making you wait." He said

"It's fine. So what do you wanna talk about?" I asked him without even ordering anything for him.

"Umm I know you are close with Apoorva these days and what happened between us is not what you are thinking about. It all just happened. Actually-"

"Why are you justifying all this to me?" I asked him raising my eyebrows.

"You are a good friend of mine and I don't want you to misunderstand me." I sighed and moved closer to him.

"The friendship you are talking about shattered literally the moment you confessed your feeling for my best friend." He was taken aback by the way I talked to him. Because all this time I was so sweet towards him but I don't think I should continue doing that.

"I've never felt anything special toward you and it's not my fault." He said calmly.

"Did I blame you? All I'm asking for is to stop acting so nice to me. I can't take it anymore and I don't care about what you did or what you are about to do!"

"I am not acting nice. look Kriti I know that you hate me and all but don't go this far. Please ."

"If I keep acting nice to you it's gonna affect me and not you. You don't give a shit about me and I know that but for me, it's not the same. Getting friendzoned doesn't feel good." I was trying so hard to hold back my tears.

"I don't know how I can make it up to you but I really can't let you go like this. I can't live in guilt all my life."

"What do you mean by that? I don't care about what you had with Appu so stop clinging on to that!"

"Date me Kriti." My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't breathe. I shouldn't have met him.

"Do you really expect me to accept that?"

"I know it's strange but I really wanted to ask you this for a while. Take your time."

"Yahh can you just stop playing with her heart?" It was Christy.

"Stay out of it Christy!" He stood up. She sighed at him.

"Why can't just accept that you are such an asshole? Shameless bitch!"

"Don't make me beat up a girl!" He said looking away. "Just because I am a girl that doesn't mean that I can't beat you up." She said smiling.

"Christy, what are you talking about?" I pulled her towards me.

"Are you that confident?" John came closer and asked her. I was sure that she can't do it.

"Try me if you can!" I looked at her hating my existence. She's fighting again that too because of me.

"Okay then let's see about that," John said folding his arm. Christy moved closer to him and whispered in his ear, "If you fail stay away from her and tell that bitch to stay away too. I hate you and your cousin to death." We walked out of the cafe.

"Are you fucking out of your mind!" She let go of my hand and yelled. "How can you just meet him like that?"

"And you are really gonna beat him up huh?" I yelled back at her.

"I am doing this for you!"

"Seriously! Stop it then. I don't want this kind of care." I said and turned o walk away.

"Don't repeat your mistakes Kriti." She said holding my hand. "What did I do?" I asked her.

"Are you fighting with me again that too because of that asshole?"

"JUST LET ME GO!"