Yes, Maybe, No

"What are you talking about?" Appu asked still not believing any of it. It's a little hard to believe and I truly hope that all that happened was a dream. I had my answer in my mind but still, something was holding me back. He was always special for me no matter what.

"What the hell are you going to do?" I yelled at Christy who was staying silent for the past few minutes.

"Can't you at least thank me for helping you get out of that situation?"

"You made it even worse!" I yelled at her. "You truly did." Appu supported me.

"Yahh you asked me to beat him up back then! How can you change your opinion like that?" Christy said. "I mean you shouldn't have challenged him like that. What are you going to do if you can't win over him?" Appu asked which was a true fact. I totally agree with that.

"Back off from it. Maybe he was just joking." I said holding her hand. "Do you want me to suffer him for the rest of my college life? I'm never doing that!"

"WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? I JUST WANT YOU TO STAY OUT OF ISSUES CHRISTY!!" I yelled at her.

"You just get out of this. I'll do everything myself! Can you stop bothering me now?"

"This includes me, Christy."

"Can you stop blaming me!" She yelled at me and left as she always does.

LATER THAT EVENING

Classes ended and Christy was nowhere to be found. I tried calling her but she kept declining. I was walking down the hallway and I noticed someone waving at me. It was John waiting for me with his car. I couldn't find Christy anywhere so I had no other choice but to face him. I walked towards him.

"TA-DA." He put forward a bouquet of flowers smiling at me. I don't know why but I smiled.

"What are you doing? This won't make me accept you." I couldn't help but smile.

"This is for you!" He said giving me the bouquet. I couldn't resist myself so I accepted it. He opened the door for me. "I'll drop you off."

"I refuse!" I said smiling. "Come on! You are smiling though. Christy is nowhere to be found and I don't want you to go back home alone." He said still with his bright smile. He's still so pretty and cute.

"How did you know about Christy?" I asked him in confusion. "Ann told me!" I was not happy with that answer. "I know you hate her but don't let that grudge get in between us."

"I hate you too." I said raising my eyebrows. "I know you don't." He said bowing closer to me. He grew taller than before.

"No more talking! Get In." He said and I got in. Silence flowed between us just like always. I looked at him driving and back at the flowers he bought for me. What if all of this is true? What if he really likes me? "No way get it together Krithi!" I said in a low voice but he heard me.

"What?" He asked. "It's nothing." I said awkwardly. We reached our destination.

"Thank you for the ride!" I opened the door to get off. "Kriti!" I looked back.

"You got prettier than before!" He said smiling at me. "Thanks, I guess.."

"It's so nice to see you smiling at me like before." I smiled at him not knowing what to say. "Bye. Be safe back home!" I get out of the car and walked towards my home.

I looked back and he was still there waving at me. I smiled at him. I walked through the park. The park where I cried because of him. I looked at the flowers and they made me happy. I stopped by the same bench and sat down for a few minutes. I took a deep breath. It felt so nice. Him waiting for me, getting flowers for me, driving me home, smiling at me, complimenting me, Everything felt so good. I realized that I can't just reject him like that and the fact that I still loved him like I always did.