Fading Relationships

We finished our dinner and he dropped me back at my apartment.

"I'll see you later then.." I said picking my things from the car. "Yeah.." I smiled at him and got out of the car. I wanted to turn back and glance for some reason but decided not to do it. 

"Look who's back from her date! " It was Christy and Ryan on my couch eating my popcorn and watching a movie. "Guys I gave you a key for emergencies! And It was not a date!" I took my shoe off and joined them on the couch. "So tell me all about it," Christy said turning the movie off.

"Heyy That was my favorite part!"Ryan sighed. "Honey You've watched this movie like 10 times We've got more important things!"  

"Nothing happened guys! We just talked about this girl that he liked back in college and still does." Christy was staring at me. "Are you really stupid or what?" She asked.

"Excuse me?" I asked in confusion. "Kriti basically that girl he's talking about is you..." Ryan said. "What are you talking about it's not me-" Christy sighed "You are stupid." 

"Stop talking rubbish and get out of my house.." I said taking the popcorn away. "Are you kicking us out? You've grown up a lot Kriti." She said.

"Anyways were planning to go on a trip for Appus's birthday. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Beach would be nice and I can't come I have work.." I said. "Stop being a workaholic and she's gonna kill you if you ditch us for your beloved job!" 

"Fine, I'll try!" I said. "Goodnight!" I smiled at them.

So we celebrate every single birthday by going somewhere just to escape from the stressful reality. Even a quick ride to the beach made us happy. Yes, we were the happiest when we were together. Me, Christy, Ryan, and Appu. It's been us for the past few years. Of course, I miss the fifth person a lot. The hardest part was that I could do nothing about it. I never talked about it just because I don't want anyone to worry. I still remember the day he left. The way he held me in his arms. The way he looked at me. If I had known that that would be like the last time I saw him I would've stayed with him for a little longer. 

Suddenly my phone started ringing which brought me back to reality. It was mom. 

"Hello, Kriti why can't you just give us a call once in a while! Stop making us so worried."  Yeah, she never changed, the same yellings and fierce behavior. But ever since I moved out I realized that scolding over every little thing was her way of telling me that she cared for me.

"Maa I've been busy with work. I'm working on a new project and it's been really tiring. Don't be worried I'm sure that Christy calls you and report every single thing I do!"

"Yeah, at least she cares to know if we're alive or not!" She said." Amma stops saying such things I do care about you. It's just that I've been too busy!"

"Kriti how long has it been since you talked to your father? Stop making him sad it's going to affect his health!" That's when I realized I haven't contacted him in such a long time.

"Amma I'll call him tomorrow. I promise! Now I gotta go sleep I have to go to work early tomorrow." I said and hung up the call. I wanted to visit my parents so bad but somehow I couldn't. As I grew up I was getting detached from my dad. Just like any other girl he was my superhero once. Even though he used to come for every single meeting at my school and bought me all the things I wanted still I grew apart from him. Sometimes when we worry too much about the people we lose we forgot about the people we threw away. And I definitely did that with my dad. I was so upset when John left me but I never thought of how my parents felt when I shut myself from them. I laid on my bed with millions of thoughts running through my mind.

 I laid on my bed with millions of thoughts running through my mind