Chapter 4- Visit From a Villian

"Okay Opal, you had your fun singing and dancing, but now it's time to work hard." Talia said. "Yeah! I'm ready to work hard!" Opal responded confidently.

"But first! I really want to see your butterfly." Auriana squealed.

Opal rose a brow, "Why?"

"Auriana thinks your butterfly is magical." Iris explained.

"I've only seen a few crystal butterflies before, they're very rare to be seen away from Mounu." Auriana said, "I don't think your butterfly transformed, have they?"

Opal stammered with surprise, "T-Transformed? What? She's never transformed..."

"Could you go get her?" Talia asked. Opal was a bit reluctant, but nodded. Going up to the window and opening it, she called out for her. "Mia! Miaaaa!"

After a few minutes, Mia entered the room, fluttering around Opal. "This is Mia, my guide animal— or insect."

"Aww! She's so pretty!" Iris said as Mia flapped her wings against her nose. "She seems highly intelligent, communicating by others with the rhythm of her flapping," Talia said.

"Mia! I command you to transform!"

...

"Why isn't she transforming?" Talia asked. "I think she's shy...or just can't transform." Opal said, holding Mia in her palm.

"Shy doesn't excuse it, we need to teach her to transform before we get attacked again! She could be of great use."

"How about we just work in training Opal and worry about Mia later...sounds good?" Auriana suggested.

Talia rolled her eyes, "Fine."

.

The four girls transformed into their princess form, and were now in the arena. "First things first, we need to get you in shape, you have to learn how to dodge objects that could be flying towards you." Talia said, "Auriana will be throwing crystals at you, and you have to dodge."

"Don't worry, Opal, I'll be gentle!" Auriana smiled, summoning her orange magic circle in front of her.

"Ready? Set, Go!"

Auriana started blasting crystals in her direction, Opal simply ran away from them. "Don't just run! Jump! Leap!" Iris shouted at her, which only added to her panic.

Opal furrowed her brows, jumping and leaping over the crystals, even kicking some away from her.

"WOOO! You're doing great!" Talia waved her arms around, cheering.

After many rounds of practice, Opal was beat.

"I can barely...stand..." She said in between pants. "It's okay. You can rest now, you did great." Auriana patted her shoulder, the slight physical touch caused her to collapse.

"Maybe you went a bit overboard, Talia..." Iris said as the other two giggled.

.

At this time, Iris, Talia, and Auriana were practicing for their next song, while Opal was listening to them. She kept thinking of the fact Mia could possibly transform, she didn't even realize she was magical until Talia told her.