Chapter 10- Pt 2. Forgotten Memories

"What do you have to show me?" Opal asked, a bit scared of why Mia was rushing to show her whatever it was. "No time to explain, the twin's spell wears off soon, and...there's something you need to see." Mia said.

She dragged her to an empty alleyway. Soon, the sky went grey and the princess's were in the air fighting. Opal was anxious, confused, and scared. "Times running out sooner than I expected..." Mia mumbled as she summoned her purple magic circle. She casted a spell which formed a wide portal in front of them.

"Come on!" She yelled, dragging her into the portal.

.

"where...where are we?" Opal asked, rubbing her throbbing head. She was in an unfamiliar kingdom, it was dark out, she was in a forest, and far ahead of her was a purple castle as well as a small village.

"Mounu." Mia replied calmly, walking ahead.

"Mounu?!" Opal muttered to herself, catching up to her. "This is Mounu? Does that mean I can see my family?!" She tried running ahead but Mia stopped her, "I'm sorry, but you can't. This is just your memories, so no one can see us." Mia said. Opal's smiled soon disappeared, "Oh."

As they walked into the village, there were butterflies everywhere, children were running around playing, people were making juices and pastries, it seemed like such a happy kingdom.

Opal stopped at the castle, it was huge and tall, it seemed like it could touch the clouds. "This is my castle?" 

"This was your castle," Mia corrected. "Before the black crystal summoners came."

"The black crystal what?—"

"You'll understand in a minute."

They entered the castle, there were many maids and knights, they all look frightened. Maids were pushing furniture against the castle gates, trying to stop the black crystal summoners from entering. A female knight with red hair ran up the stairs, Opal and Mia followed.

Opal's eyes went wide seeing her father for the first time. They shared so many features, from hair color, skin tone...

"Dad..." She mumbled.

"They have come." The knight said. "They..." Sofaruu mumbled softly, soon coming to a realization. Opal noticed a small crib beside his throne, and laid in it was herself as a baby.

She leaned in, seeing her tiny self. "That's me..." She breathed out with shock. Mia smiled, "It is." She clicked her tongue, "You were precious."

Sofaruu grabbed her from her crib, running to the stairs that led to the balcony. "Hide the princess!" He wailed out. Opal ran behind him, panicking. She watched as knights and maids ran through her as if she was a ghost.

"Opal, you can't stop history." Mia said sternly, holding her back. Opal brows twitched, her bottom lip quivering as she held back tears, "I don't care!" She yelled, running after him.

"There's no hiding now."

Opal and Sofaruu gasped, it was Gramorr.

"Please...she's my daughter!" He sobbed out, holding onto baby Opal tightly.

"Oh you poor poor thing, you're daughter would perish living with a troubled father like you."

"He won't! You're a liar..." She glared, a single tear glistened down her cheek.

Gramorr gripped onto Opal as she cried out. "NO!" Sofaruu tugged, fighting back for his baby.

Gramorr growled loudly, suddenly swiping his iron claw over her open eye. Opal gasped, instantly stumbling back and shutting her eyes from the disgusting sight.

"Is this...is this..." She quivered out, tears flowing down her face. Mia nodded, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It is. This is how you became blind."

As Sofaruu helped onto his screaming baby, he closed his eyes...the fantasy he was once living would be gone, Gramorr would kill him, and his baby.

"AHAAAA!"

Suddenly, the red-headed knight shoved Gramorr out of the way, helping Sofaruu escape. With no time to spare, Sofaruu quickly casted a portal in front of him. He leaped in, and the two girls followed...

They appeared in a random forest, and they watched as he placed baby Opal down. She was still crying loudly, kicking her arms and legs around with might. "I'm sorry."

Opal placed a hand on his shoulder, but it just went right through him. She choked on her tears, "Don't apologize..."

"Crystal Mouxine." Sofaruu mumbled as a bright butterfly appeared behind Opal. It transformed, and young version of Mia was created, she looked around twelve years old. She fell to her knees, picking up the wailing Opal. Looking back at her king, she seemed hesitating.

"That's me." Mia said, "Your father made me protect you. I wasn't always a butterfly. I stayed human for the first few years of your life until my body couldn't handle being a human and I turned back into a butterfly."

"I'll see you in another lifetime, my beloved." He said, placing a peck on her forehead before teleporting back to Mounu.

"No!—" Opal crier out as Mia hugged her from behind. "We have to go back now." She said softly.

"Please! T-There has to be a way we can change the past! I want to be back here, with dad..." Opal begged, but sadly there was nothing she could do.

Mia sighed, using the last bit of her power to end the memories, appearing back in the alleyway.

The princesses were still fighting the twins, but it was more chaotic, they were losing.
"Opal, I don't have much time left in my human form...you have to help the princesses now." Mia said.

"...Thank you, Mia." Opal smiled, running off.

She couldn't help but cry more as she ran, those memories kept flashing in her mind. Her father, Gramorr, the people in her kingdom, would have a completely different life, a happier life, a better life. It was all Gramorr's fault.

She was furious, angry...she wanted revenge.