Chapter 9- Mia The...Human?!

"I'm so very disappointed in you two."

"We're sorry, Master, it was my brother's fault!" Praxina said. "What?!" Mephisto whipped his head to his sister. "Don't try and act all innocent! The plan was almost successful! Then you messed up, uncrystalizing them! Then they defeated us!!" Praxina yelled furiously.

"It's not my fault...it was an accident!" He pouted.

"Silence! Both of you failed, and I am NOT. HAPPY. ABOUT. IT!" Gramorr yelled as Banes growled in agreement.

"If you two don't get me an oracle gem soon, you both will be done for!"

He disappeared from the waterfall. Praxina sighed. "Maybe you should let me do the work now on, since you always fail!" She huffed, stormed off.

Mephisto sighed, sitting at the edge of the cave, looking down.

He started to fantasize, what would it be like if he was a good person? Would he be a prince from a different kingdom? Would he have a magical accessory too? And would be fight evil and help people like the princesses do?

It sounded ideal, nice, trouble-free. Maybe if he was good, the weight of literally every kingdom hating him would be off his shoulders.

Then it hit him, he snapped his fingers as he gasped. "Mark! I could be a good person...disguised as Mark!"

He quickly frowned again, what if Opal already told the princesses? He sighed, this seemed like an impossible task.

.

Praxina was pacing around the cave, trying to clear her mind when Gramorr appeared on the waterfall again. "Praxina, I am giving you one more chance to prove to me you're worthy of getting an oracle gem..."

"Yes, master! I'm listening..."

.

"So she did transform," Talia said. The four girls sat around Mia as she munched on a strawberry, discussing the transformation. "Yup. When Mephisto took me to his cave Mia transformed and helped me flee," Opal said, lying just a little bit about what happened. "Well, she's getting stronger, she could help us in the future." Iris said, lightly petting her.

"What about Amaru?" Opal asked. Amaru was sitting away from them, pouting. Auriana picked him up, and hugged him tightly. "Aww, he's still gonna help us! The more help the better." She said while petting him, making him giggle.

Suddenly, the ground startled to shake. "What's going on?!" Opal yelled with a wobbly voice. Talia rushed to the nearest window, seeing a large, unfamiliar animal stomp around, perhaps it was Mephisto's and Praxina's?

"Everyone! Transform now!" She said.

"Talia, Princess of Xeris!"

"Auriana, princess of Volta!"

"Iris, princess of Ephedia!"

"Opal, princess of Mounu!"

When they all finished transforming, they ran outside. Iris, Talia, and Auriana started fighting the animal-monster hybrid, but Opal just stayed back. She couldn't see Mephisto or Praxina anywhere, she was suspicious. Instead of fighting with them, she ran back into the house to get Mia.

When she entered, she saw a flash of green, disappearing quickly. She started to panic, what was that? She had to make sure Mia was okay.

"Mia? Mia!" She called out. Amaru ran back into the house, trying to bring her back outside to help the princesses. "I-I will but...I can't find Mia!"

Amaru started looking around, trying to help her find her. After a few minutes, he shook his head. "Oh no..."

Opal ran back outside, they already defeated the monster. "That was easy!" Iris said, breathing heavily. "I'm so sorry guys...but I think the twins took Mia...again." Opal sniffled.

Before anyone could say anything, a loud crash was heard from afar. "What was that?" Auriana jumped. "I don't know, we should check it out." Talia suggested.

"Crystal Teleportia!"

They teleported onto a hill, and that's when Iris's pendant started to glow. "Someone's in trouble." She said. Casting a Crystal Locato spell, the pink orbs surrounded something in the grass. 

A mysterious person stood up, they had dark skin, long light purple hair, and wore a white costume with wings. They turned their head to the princess's and smiled.

"Opal!"

"Huh?!" Opal yelled. The person started to approach them as she started to panic, forming her magic circle. "Woah, Woah!" Talia pulled her back.

"Opal! It's me...Mia." The person said. Opal took a step back, "No you're not..."

"I am! Mephisto and Praxina took me, and casted a spell on me, it malfunctioned and turned me human." She explained breathlessly. Suddenly, a pair of wings behind her started to flutter. Opal gasped with surprise.

The four approached her. "Wow, you have wings!" Auriana said, looking at her thin purple wings in awe. "I wonder how the twins were able to cast such a spell..." Talia said.

Opal just stared at her, the other three started to grow concerned. "I'm going to need proof that you're Mia."

"You're a Taurus, born on April 6th, you're favorite color is purple, and I've taken care of you since you were a 'Lil one." Mia smirked.

Opal nodded slowly, "...I see."

"How could we turn you back? I'm pretty sure this spell will affect your butterfly form." Iris said.

"For now, I need to stay in my human form, I need to show something very important to Opal, but, I need you to keep an eye out for Mephisto and Praxina— they are planning on doing something later today..." Mia explained.

"What are they going to do?" Talia questioned.

Mia suddenly snapped her head to the sky, gulping nervously. She grabbed Opal's arm and yanked her away. "I'm sorry! I have no time. I have to show Opal this...now!"