Chapter 18- In Love With Evil

Mephisto paced around his cave, infuriated. He was brainstorming ideas, what was Sage up to?

"Ugh, would you quit that! Your stomping is annoying me." Praxina complained.

"No! I'm trying to figure something out."

Praxina rose a brow and flew next to him. "What is it?"

"There's this guy one of the princesses has been hanging out with, and I'm getting a bad feeling about him." He explained, "He doesn't seem— like a person if that makes sense, when I first saw him, I felt a dark aura around him."

"Hm." Praxina grunted, casting a spell to see what he was up to. "What's his name?"

Mephisto hesitated, but ultimately gave in. "Sage."

Sage and Opal were walking around the neighborhood, talking, as Mephisto watched, his cheeks turned pink and he frowned.

"And then a bee came, I got so scared I spilled all my paint on him! And he ended up having to pay ME!"

"Hahaha!" Opal wiped a tear from her face.

Mephisto growled as he clenched his fists. "You know what...this is good! If he can get close to Opal, we can take him and force him to go against her!" Praxina explained.

Mephisto slowly looked at her, raising a brow. "So...we'd abduct him?"

Praxina rolled her eyes, "Well duh!"

An evil smirk formed on his face, "Sounds perfect."

.

"You're very fun to hang out with." Sage smiled. Opal blushed, "Thanks...you too."

Opal may admit, when she was with Mephisto, she felt more than just a friend towards him, but now that she was with Sage, those feelings towards Mephisto went away, and she felt that way around him.

Sage's eyes wandered to her jewelry, "Wow, what a beautiful accessory!"

Opal touched her choker. "Oh- this? Thank you."

"Is it a family heirloom?" He asked.

She thought of it for a moment, she never had any memory where she was gifted any type of jewelry. "I think so..."

"Well, it's beautiful, probably the most beautiful piece of jewelry I've ever seen!" He exclaimed.

Opal chuckled, she thought he was so sweet, maybe too sweet.

.

"He's all over her." Praxina smirked, levitating in the sky while observing Opal and Sage. Mephisto huffed, "Yeah, he is. When are we gonna abduct him?!"

"Not yet! That's the last stage of our plan!" Praxina hissed, continuing to observe him. "Wait— what's that?"

She noticed a bright green necklace, it flashed so brightly it seemed as if it could nearly blind someone.

"It looks...interesting." Mephisto grinned. "That doesn't seem like any ordinary necklace, let's get a better look."

The two silently landed behind them, following them.

"Come on, there's this beautiful forest I usually go to when I need inspiration." Sage guided her to the forest.

Praxina watched curiosity as she saw the forest he was guiding her to. It wasn't beautiful, it was dark and musty. "What's he doing?" She whispered to Mephisto, in which he shrugged in response.