Chapter 14- Shanila

"Opal..."

"Opal!"

"Opal! WAKE UP!"

Opal gasped, waking up from a horrible nightmare of the fight she had after seeing her memories. She didn't realize how late she slept in, it was already noon.

Her head was throbbing and she felt weaker than usual. She walked to the bathroom to brush her hair, feeling Mia land on her head and flapping her wings aggressively.

"Mia...whatever it is, it can wait." She groaned out.

As she started brushing her hair, it felt like she wasn't brushing anything. "Huh?"
She ran her hands through, she felt nothing?

"AHHHH!"

.

"Opal? Are you okay?" Auriana knocked on her door. The three girls arrived at her house, checking up on her since she missed practice. "I hope she's okay." Iris said.

Opal slowly opened the door, revealing her short, shredded hair. Auriana gasped, hugging her tightly. "You've hit Shanila!"

"I told you that you were close." Talia grinned.

"Aww, you look so cute!" Iris smiled.

"N-No! This is horrible!" Opal said, raising her voice. "Oh, but it's not! It means your powers are going to get stronger!" Auriana exclaimed.

Opal paced back and forth, panicking. "But what about LoliRock? We haven't performed in a while and them seeing me like this...they'll puke!"

"Opal—"

"That's it! I'm going to train and train until my hair grows back!" She concluded, interrupting Talia.

Iris stopped her. "Please don't! I did the same thing, It does nothing but—"

"No buts. I'm sorry, Iris. But I can't be seen like this! Amaru, form the arena."

.

The four were in the arena, and Opal was ready to fight. "I guess there's no way we can stop you...so, prepare yourself to be exhausted.

Opal nodded, "I'm ready."

Practice lasted for two hours, Talia performed different attacks. Opal was doing well at first but after time passed, she began to grow more tired.

"Opal, I think you should take a break." Iris insisted, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"F-Fine, only because I'm...very exhausted." Opal said, panting.

The four resided in Iris's living room, chatting and playing games. Opal was relaxing, still very sad about her current condition. Amaru noticed this and crawled in her lap, making her giggle. "Thanks, Amaru."

They heard the doorbell ring, and Talia went to answer it. "Hello?"

There stood Nathaniel and Matt. "Hey, Talia." Matt smiled. "We had such a fun time yesterday that we wanted to ask if you girls wanted to come with us to see the dinosaur museum?" Nathaniel asked.

"Oh...I'd have to ask—"

"Hello? Oh hey, guys!" Auriana saw them and stood next to Talia. "What are you doing here?"

"They invited us to the dinosaur museum," Talia explained. "Ohhh, we'd love to come!" Auriana said. Talia gave her a look, "Shouldn't we wait until Opal finishes Shanila?" She mumbled. "It'll be fine, she can rest," Auriana said. "I'll go get iris!"

Iris and Opal were inside talking, "I just feel like I'm...not a good princess. We have only gotten two oracle gems so far, I feel like I'm not doing a good job..." Opal sighed. "You're doing a great job! We are so lucky to have you." Iris reassured her.