Chapter 23- Drowned

Before we begin this chapter, I'd like to state that Opal is legally blind. Her vision is HEAVILY blurry, but sometimes she can make out people or objects. When I write "She looked at ___", I mean she directs her attention at whoever is talking, AKA where the sound is coming from.

If you have have any questions about this fanfiction that is confusing, ask them! Just remember to be polite.

The last fight with Gramorr was extremely stressful for the girls, and because of that, they all decided to do something fun.

"I can't believe we're doing this," Opal said while applying sunscreen on her face. "I've never been on a yacht before!"

"Well, it's so cool! The first time I and Talia went on a yacht, it was amazing! So many cool things, yummy food, cute boys~" Auriana swooned, making Iris giggled.

"You'll love it, it'll be a new experience!" Talia added.

"And best of all, we get to perform!" Iris said while picking out which beach hat to wear.

"I'm so excited! I can barely wait!" Opal exclaimed.

"Well, we should be leaving pretty soon...how about everyone gets their swimsuits on?" Talia said.

The three nodded as they all went into separate rooms to change.

Opal slipped on a black one-piece with a white bow on the side, white shorts, and black sandals. she was brushing her hair when she heard a knock on her door. "Come in."

Aunt Ellen entered her room, carrying a few towels. "Hello, dear. I just wanted to— oh my!" Her eyes went wide as she dropped the towels, covering her mouth.

"Hm? what's wrong?" Opal rose a brow.

"Oh sweetheart, you have a huge bruise on your back!" Ellen exclaimed, moving Opal's hair away from her back to examine it further.

Opal was confused, then it hit her. The mark. The snake mark.

"Hmm...this bruise looks like a snake— wait, is it a tattoo?"

"Yeah! Yeah, it's those temporary tattoos...I thought it looked cool so I uh- wanted to try it out." Opal smiled awkwardly.

Ellen smiled gently, "What a relief, I thought you got hurt! What an edgy design, I might have to get one for myself!" She laughed before leaving her room.

Opal laughed nervously before turning back around, panicking. "What am I going to do? What if the girls see it?!" She thought to herself.

She quickly peeked out of her room, seeing the three girls having their hair in a ponytail.

"I suppose I should do the opposite then..."

.

An hour later they arrived at the beach, it was gorgeous! Crystal clear waters, ice cream stands, and they could even see the place where they'd be performing!

Iris, Talia, and Auriana were all so excited to go swimming! They set up their umbrella and blankets, but Opal seemed a bit down.

"What's wrong?" Auriana asked.

"I can't swim," Opal mumbled, keeping her head down.

"That's no problem, we can teach you!" Iris said.

A wave of paranoia hit her, "No— um, actually I'll stay here and go over the lyrics." She replied nervously.