Chapter 7- Mark Is Who?!

Hi everyone, as I am reviewing my writing I've realized I've been spelling some of the character's names incorrectly, I apologize for that. Anyways, carry on with the story :-)

"Fingers crossed you guys! I'm sure we will win!" Iris said, crossing her fingers, barely being able to contain her excitement.

It was thirty minutes until the chosen winner, and the four were very excited. "Umm, what plant did you enter into the competition again?" Opal asked.

"A bouquet of bright blue roses, it was my idea." Talia said proudly.

"Ooo!"

Iris glanced at Opal, looking at her up and down oddly. "Say...what happened to your choker?" Iris asked.

As she felt around her neck, her choker wasn't on her! "I-I didn't take it off or anything...what if someone took it?!" She began panicked.

"I bet it was Mark--" Talia mumbled. Opal glared. Although she was blind, she wasn't deaf.

"Sorry, I'm just saying."

"I'm going to go find it." Opal sighed out.

She realized it would be hard to find it, for obvious reasons. But she had to. As she roamed around, she tried her best to stay relaxed, but it was rather difficult with the given circumstances.

Opal entered one of the tents she was previously in that showcased a variety of plants.

Mark was in there color-coding all of the plants when he noticed Opal snooping around suspiciously. He approached her and gave a light tap on her back.
"Hey, what are you doing back here? Aren't you supposed to be with your friends?" He asked.

"I'm looking for my choker. I-I can't find it." She responded quickly.

Mark rose a brow, sucking his teeth. "Must mean a lot to you, huh?"

"Yes! It does!...will you help me find it?"

"Sure! I'd be glad to." He smiled.

.

The two looked around for twenty minutes, but there still was no sign of it. "We've been looking for a while now, how about we take a break? The chosen winners will be announced in ten minutes and—"

Mark was cut off by sniffling. Opal's sniffling. He quickly realized she was on the verge of crying. "H-Hey! Hey...what's wrong?" He lowered herself to get a better look at her face. Her large, cloudy eyes were shaky and glassy.

"That choker means so much to me, if I lose it...well..." Opal couldn't just tell someone she just met that her choker is the item that transforms her into a magical princess from a different planet.

"I understand. Just don't worry about it, okay? I'll look for it, even if I have to ask everyone here if they've seen it...I'll do it, you go back to your friends." Mark said, rubbing her arm soothingly.

Opal smiled warmly, wiping her eyes. "You're the best. Thank you!" She gave him a quick hug before rushing off back to her friends.

Mark waved, his smile faded into a frown he looked at the choker he had in the palm in his hand.

"What is wrong with me..."

.

The Ephedian Castle

"Mephisto— has the plan been successful so far?"

"Yes...Master." Mephisto responded sadly, lowering his gaze from Gramorr.