Chapter 17- Sage and Mark

After that day, Opal was feeling down. She was confused and upset, she felt like she was meant to be a bad person.

Mia was trying her best to cheer her up, but he being a small and nontalkative pet, there wasn't much to do.

*Knock knock*

"Who is it?"

"It's us! Auriana, Talia, and Iris! we were wondering if you'd like to get some smoothies with us?" Auriana said.

Opal stayed quiet for a moment, thinking of if she should go or not.

"We know you've been sad lately because of the news, and we want to cheer you up, I promise after a smoothie you'll feel better." Talia bribed her.

Opal smiled a bit and agreed, "Alrighty then." She opened the door and Auriana hugged her, "Yay!"

.

The four chatted as they walked to the smoothie bar, she was already starting to feel better!

As they entered the bar, she heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Who's that?" She whispered to Iris.

"That's Sage, he's Nathaniels newest customer. He's an artist, and is known for his amazing painting." Iris responded.

Opal nodded as she sat down with the girls.

"Say...Who's this cutie?" Sage said.

She jumped as she felt a hand on her shoulder, "H-Hello?"

Sage rose a brow as he noticed her whipping her head around nervously. "Opal, it's Sage," Talia whispered.

"Uhhh, is she blind or something?" Sage chuckled.

Auriana furrowed her brows and glared at him, "Yeah, she is."

Sage's eyes went wide as she removed his hand from her, "Oh! That's my fault, so sorry."

Opal chuckled, "It's fine."

Sage's eyes twinkled as he looked at Opals' cloudy blue eyes, "I probably shouldn't say this, but you have beautiful eyes."

Opal blushed, she never was complimented like this, it was the first time someone complimented her eyes. "Thank you!"

.

Every single day these feelings grew stronger for Mephisto, he was unable to not think of her. She was stuck in her mind, and it infuriated him.

Hours passed and he wasn't able to concentrate on anything! He even tried casting spells to fix it, but nothing worked.

Out of curiosity, he did a crystal locato spell.

A vision appeared of her talking with a guy he wasn't familiar with. They were both laughing and blushing, he was infuriated!

Even though Gramorr gave him and Praxina a break day (because he was using the day to focus on making spells), he decided to use this day for good use.

He transformed into his "Mark" form and formed a portal...

"Whoever you are, you'll regret it."

.

"So...you're an artist? I'd love to see some of your work." Opal said, resting her head on her hand, smiling.

"I mostly do paintings...maybe I can paint one for you?" Sage grinned.

She lit up, "You'd...you'd do that?"

He nodded, "I'd love to."

Suddenly, the smoothie bar door swung open. "Mark! W-What are you doing here?" Nathaniel smiled nervously.

"Just stopping by." He responded plainly, sitting down next to Opal.

She slowly turned her head to him, "Mark?..."

He looked at her, taking his glasses off.

Sage rose a brow, "Are you guys together?"

"No-" "Yes."

Auriana gasped so loud it scared Iris and Talia.

Opal slowly turned her now tomato red face, her mouth open.

"We just started dating, It's marvelous, she's an amazing girlfriend." Mark bragged, a cocky smirk was on his face.

Opal whimpered, lowering her head as she felt herself beat up and sweat.

Sage gave a mix of a confused and disgusted face whilst Auriana was squealing. "Opal we didn't know you two were dating..." Iris chuckled.

"I—" "Yeah! We are!"

Opal started to become upset, she was confused, why was Mark doing this? She grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him out of the smoothie bar.

"Hey what gives!" Mephisto broke into his regular voice, his eyes widened as he saw her glaring expression, it glared right through him.

"What in Gramorr's name are you doing?!" She whispers yelled, throwing her arms in the air.

"I'm saving you from...from that thing," Mephisto glanced through the window, seeing sage chatting with the girls.

Opal crossed her arms, "But he's not doing anything!"

"Look, stay off my back, okay? I appreciate you being my friend, but don't be in my business AND don't say we are dating!" She yelled, slamming the door after she entered the smoothie bar.

Mephisto felt his face turn pink, he didn't mean to be in her business, but something about Sage was off,

and he's going to find out.