Chapter 30- I Am Yours, Only Yours

1:05 A.M

Opal's house

"Crystal Teleportia!"

Mephisto was too eager to tell Opal the news that it didn't even come to mind how late it was and how she would probably already be sleeping. He walked to the side of her house where her window was. He unlocked it quickly, checking to see if she was in bed.

He saw her outline underneath her covers. He smiled, feeling his heart beat fast with excitement. "Opal!" He whispered as he climbed through, "Opal! Wake up! I have amazing news!"

"Opal...?"

He looked at her and realized she was shaking. He heard faint sobbing coming from underneath the blanket. He slid through, landing on the floor. "Opal..." He slipped the covers from her face, and immediately saw her damp face. She was crying hysterically while she was sleeping.

"Opal!" He shook her, "Wake up, sweetie. Wake up...!"

"M..Mephisto?" She mumbled out, her heavy eyes struggling to wake up. He stared at her for a moment, his heart breaking a bit. He furrowed his brows with concern, "Princess..."

"Mephisto!" She roughly gasped as she immediately latched onto him, crying into his chest. He patted her back and held her as close as he could, "Princess, what happened?"

She trembled in his arms, nearly choking on her own tears. "These nightmares...they won't stop. I can't...I can't see anything, I can only hear..." She sniffled, "I can hear everything that happened the night that...Mounu was no more. I-..." She gasped, "I'm so tired..."

Mephisto didn't fully understand what she meant by that, but he could only guess that she was tired from...fighting. Fighting not only for her planet, but Ephedia as well. Finding out only a year ago that she was able to see that whole time without knowing it, and going her whole life without knowing what life looked like, or even having friends for that matter.

He also realized that this probably was the first time she had a romantic relationship, the first time she could experience love and passion from someone. And Mephisto loved her. Mephisto was passionate for her.

"I know, Opal." He whispered, running his hands through her hair. He pressed his lips on her head, shushing her slightly. "Everything will be okay, princess. I've got you now...just relax, I'll scare all the nightmares away."

Opal's frantic sobs soon turned to soft sniffles as she melted in his arms. Her eyes shaky and glassy as she relaxed more and more. His musky scent and soft skin soothed her back to sleep, leaving her even more peaceful than before.

Mephisto wanted these beautiful moments forever — but he knew Gramorr is the only thing taking that away. The poor princess was stressing her life away from a man who never even left his throne. He needed to put a plan into action, he couldn't just pretend to be a villain anymore. He had to rebel. He had to...for Opal.