Chapter 16- A New Quest

The four were in the magical library, Talia was frantically searching through the aisles of books.

"Can I help you find whatever you're looking for?" Opal asked.

"No! You just stay there." Talia said, a bit of aggression in her voice. Opal looked down, she was acting like this all day.

Auriana sat next to her, "don't be sad, we're trying to help you!"
Opal turned her head to her, furrowing her brows, "Help with what?"

"We don't know why you didn't turn evil, there must be more to it." Iris explained.

"It had to be a malfunction, I'm sick of this." Opal grumbled, burying her head into her knees.

Auriana frowned, she was sad that Opal felt this way, but she knew Talia needed to find answers.

"I think I found it!" Talia exclaimed.

They all crowded around the book as she began to read.

"Mounu, kingdom to the crystal butterflies, the moon and stars, born from the tales of the nighttime. Ruled for years on end by kings and queens, it was known as the land of evil,"

Opal gasped from these words, the land of evil? What did this mean?! Talia glanced at her before continuing to read.

"Mounu was a land that took much from other kingdoms, examples being... Ephedia."Iris turned her head to Opal, her jaw dropped, she was shocked, was Opal...a bad person?

"This was until King Sofaruu saved Mounus bad reputation, repairing it from the war between Fengari and the Black Crystal Summoners. Even though Mounu is now known as a peaceful, kind, and beautiful place...evil lies in between everyone who has Mounu blood."

"So you're not...from Ephedia?" Auriana said, her eyes wide as she looked at Opal.

"No wonder the spell didn't work...you're already evil." Talia muttered. "IM NOT!" She yelled, "I-I'm not..." She repeated, saying it more softly, a few tears forming in her eyes.

"Are you sure you won't hurt us?" Auriana backed away, holding her hands to her chest.

Opal felt more tears well up into her eyes, she was furious, yet confused, she didn't know what to do, she had so many questions. "No! You guys are my friends..." She said, her voice breaking after every word.

"Don't be ridiculous, guys. She's a good person, what the book says doesn't define her." Iris said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry, Opal, were just paranoid." Talia apologized.

"It's fine— but...I realized something," She started pacing back and forth, "I'm fighting to save Ephedia, but what about my kingdom? It was taken over my Gramorr, and I didn't even know until Mia showed me my memories! If I'm helping you guys—" She stopped, "Why aren't you helping me."

The three stayed silent for a few seconds before Iris spoke up, "We didn't know you weren't Ephedian until just now, but now that we know...we will try our best to help and reclaim Mounu, but in return...you have to help us reclaim Ephedia." She said.

Opal nodded, "Alright."

Now that they found out that Opal isn't Ephedian, how are they going to save Mounu?