Chapter 32- Mephisto's Decision

"AUUUGHHHH!"

Gramorr threw a punch at a wall frustratingly, a crack instantly appearing afterwards. He was trembling with anger, but the question was - why was he so mad?

"Y-You're royal evilness..." Praxina bowed before Gramorr, trembling slightly with fear.

"WHERE IS THAT PESKY BROTHER OF YOURS?!"

"I-"

"I am here, your highness!" Mephisto gasped out, suddenly teleporting right beside Praxina. She shot him a glare, her eyes glowing red with anger. "Where in Ephedia were you?!" she whisper-yelled, her teeth gritting.

"Yes, Mephisto...where were you? Answer your sisters question..." Gramorr said chillingly as he took a few steps forward. Mephisto could feel the blood drain from his face as he gulped. "I was...distracted."

"Oh? Distracted? Lets see...were you attacking the princesses?"

"Well um, no..."

"Hm. How about practicing spells?"

"...No."

"Searching for gems?"

"N...No, my lord, I-"

"Then what could you have possibly been doing this whole TIME?!" Gramorr shouted, the whole ground shaking beneath them. Mephisto didn't respond, he couldn't make up an excuse. He had no idea what to say.

He watched as Gramorr collapsed back onto his throne, inhaling sharply as he pinched his temples stressfully. "The princesses...have collected almost all their gems..." He said softly. He looked back up at the twins, both of them looking terrified and worried. "You two have failed me...but especially you Mephisto. Every time you two have attacked the princesses, something had gone wrong because of your idiotic tendencies. When I summon you, you're never there. When I give you instructions, you never do them..."

Mephisto glanced down at his hands, watching them tremble anxiously. He could feel his heart beat louder every time Gramorr insulted him. He didn't dare to look at his sister, because he knew he had disappointed her drastically.

"You are disloyal, which disgusts me."

A sudden flash of anger took over his body. He imagined all of the trauma and horror that Gramorr put upon the princesses. How they lost so much, and had to fight to get it back. He thought about Opal, who was loved by many in her kingdom, but was taken away from all of that. Taken away from love, life, liberty...and sight. The memory flashed him; Gramorr's claws striking Opal's beautiful brown eyes, causing her to go blind. He couldn't comprehend why someone could be as evil as...Gramorr.

"Since you hate me so much, my lord. I will leave."

Praxina gasped softly as her eyes went wide. He whipped her head to him, pressing her lips together as she stared at him with disbelief.

Gramorr stomped towards Gramorr, pointing his finger at him. "My life does not revolve around obeying you." He breathed heavily as he stared into Gramorr's masked eyes.

"I hope karma ends you."

.

Although Mephisto's day was...not going as splendid, to say the least, Opal was enjoying her afternoon at the park with her new friends; Clay, Aisha, and Klean.

Opal and Aisha were sitting together on a picnic blanket, enjoying some delicious vegan snacks while Clay and Klean were attempting to catch butterflies with a net.

"You know, I'm really grateful that you were up to doing this." Aisha turned to her, a soft smile spreading across her face. "Me too. This is...really nice." Opal sighed out.

Aisha pressed her lips together as she looked at Opal up and down. "Opal...um...whats that thing on your back?" she asked hesitantly.

"Oh! Oh...hah," Opal chuckled as she turned, her back facing Aisha as she pointed to the snake mark. "Its a...tattoo!" She lied. "Really?" Aisha gasped, shaking her head from surprise. "You don't seem like the kind of girl to get a tattoo."

Opal blushed slightly as she looked down, a bit flustered by her comment. "Well...it's a tattoo representing a very special boy in my life."

"A boy, huh?" Aisha smirked, "Who's the lucky guy?" she cooed, nudging at her teasingly. Opal curled her bottom lip in as she looked down. She stuck out her pinky finger for her, "Keep it between us?" Aisha giggled, interlocking her pinky with hers. "Of course!"

Opal sighed, running her hand through a lock of her purple hair. "Well...his name is Mephisto-"

"Ooo, is he European?" Aisha bit her lip excitedly. Opal rolled her eyes, "Yes," She said sarcastically. "I really like him, but we can't be together. For now, at least." Her voice became small as she frowned, a bit of sadness flowing through her. Aisha frowned as well, "Why not?"

"Its umm...It's complicated. But...I really hope we can have a future together someday." Opal glanced at Clay and Klean, still playing together happily. The sadness disappeared, and she smiled softly.

"I hope so too, you deserve each other." Aisha smiled at her, giving her a pat on the back. Before Opal could respond, she looked up to see Mephisto, disguised as Mark, hiding behind a tree. She felt her blood run cold as she leaped up. "I umm...I forgot that I have practice with the rest of the Lolirock group today!" She laughed nervously. "I am...so so sorry, Aisha."

"Oh! Don't worry about it! I had a great time with you. Good luck with practice!" She smiled warmly, waving to her as Opal gathered her stuff frantically.

"Thanks!" She yelled out as she dashed towards Mark, hiding behind the tree. She glared at him, "What are you doing here?!"

"Opal," He breathed out. "We need to go somewhere else. Somewhere private."

Opal's expression softened when she noticed how distressed he looked, this was obviously important. She began to feel nervous, "Oh...Okay..."

Once he made sure no one was looking, he teleported him and Opal behind her house. He transformed out of his disguise, breathing slightly heavily from nervousness.

"Hey...hey whats going on?" Opal asked worriedly, putting a hand on his arm.

"Opal...I quit...I...I quit being by Gramorr's side. I...I'm done with being evil."

Opal's jaw dropped slightly as she could feel her heart stop. It was unbelievable...she didn't think he could do it. But he did...

As much as she wanted him to become better and leave his evil ways, now she felt scared. What was to come now that he wasn't with Gramorr? Would things only get worse for her and her friends?

As Mephisto embraced her tightly, her thoughts only spiraled more. Its as if the world stopped for a moment. She hoped that everything would be okay. She hoped that he would be okay.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Published on July 1st, 2023