Chapter 19- The Gift

8:09 P.M

It was yet again one of those nights where Opal couldn't sleep, she kept thinking about what happened today. Sage, Mephisto...

Mephisto, Mephisto...

"MEPHISTO!" She yelled, leaping out of bed. She just remembered, he was crystallized!

"Oh no, Oh no!" She opened her window door, planning to jump out and transform mid-jump.

"Where are you going?" A voice said.

"Huh?"

Opal felt a fair of gloved hands ruffle her hair, she already knew who it was, and a smile crept on her face. "You're safe!" She hugged him tightly.

"Of course...I am..." He wheezed out, "Sorry." Opal let go.

"Gramorr found us crystallized and was so angry, but, I managed to sneak out and see you."

Opal blushed, "Aww, how sweet!"

Mephisto also found himself blushing, but soon remember what he came here for. "Oh— yeah, uh, I wanted to give you something..." He said, pulling out a small, flat, brown box from his pocket.

Opal opened it, trailing her fingers down the item, she felt...a gem? "What is it?"

"It's a necklace, but not just any type of necklace, it's magical," Mephisto exclaimed as she nodded.

"There's a small hole in it, and when you blow into it, I'll get an alert that you're in trouble."

Opal found herself struggling to put it on, Mephisto chuckled. "Here—"

He lifted her hair, his hands skimming across her skin. It sent goosebumps all over her. Opal felt her whole body go warm. The necklace clipped, and she felt the gem fall down her neck. "Thank you..."

"Err— Well, I better get going then." Mephisto chuckled nervously while opening up the window.

Opal didn't want this moment to end, she loved being around him. She couldn't ask him to stay...even though she wanted to.

"Will I see you tomorrow?"

Mephisto stopped, "If Gramorr makes us attack you, maybe." He chuckled.

Opal smiled, "Great, I'll see you then."

Mephisto smiled back, "I'll see you soon, Princess."