Chapter 24- Drowned Pt. 2: A Crabby Situation

.

.

.

.

.

*GASP*

"Oh my gosh! You're awake!"

Opal started breathing heavily. She was soaking wet, cold, scared. The only thing she could feel was a pair of arms around her.

"I'm sorry..."

"M...Mephisto?" She wheezed out.

Mephisto looked at her with worried eyes, "Did you...save me?" She asked.

"I didn't have a choice. You would've died!" He exclaimed.

Opal rubbed her soar chest, "I don't...I don't remember what happened..." She mumbled.

"You slipped off the dock and fell into the water." Mephisto lied.

There was a awkward silence. Opal was still breathing quite heavily. "Opal?-"

She suddenly wrapped her arms around him tightly. "Thank you."

Mephisto blushed as he hugged her back. "Of course, I couldn't let you die...I care too much about you."

Opal looked at him, her cheeks became rosy as he soon realized what he said. "F-Friend wise of course. You're my friend...right?" He chuckled nervously.

"Of course I am, silly." She smiled.

.

The three girls were in the changing room, nervously waiting for Opal to return.

"The crowds cheering pretty loud...they'll soon grow impatient." Talia said.

"What if she was kidnapped?!" Auriana exclaimed.

"I doubt it. I mean, we should've known better. One of us should've walked with her. It's dark, she probably got lost." Iris guessed.

"Well, maybe we should wait until your- wait...your pendant!" Auriana pointed to her neck.

Iris looked down as she gasped. "My pendants gone!"

"So is my ring!"

"And my bracelet!" Talia and Auriana exclaimed.

"How did we lose our jewelry?" Iris asked.

"It wouldn't just fall of like that, it has to be something else." Talia said.

John opened the door, slightly breathing heavily. "LoliRock! The crowds starting to wonder where you are. What's taking you so long?"

The three looked at each other before Iris spoke up. "We might have to cancel tonight."

"What?!"