the house

October 13, 1993

okay, how do i say this? let's just start from the very beginning. my name is y/n y/l/n and i'm from georgia. i moved to california three years ago and i'm sixteen years old. i live in a big, old and majestic house, with wooden structures and old fashioned rooms, with murals, chandeliers... it sounds nice right? but i cant leave.

i'm dead. i died last year from an undetected case of TB, and nobody knows. well, my parents moved out when i passed, they couldn't stick being in the very walls that their only daughter died in. their only child. what hurt me most was that i couldn't even go to them, tell them i'm still here. i cant just go up to them and say, 'hey mom, hey dad, i know you saw me die, but i'm still here and i'm a ghost woohoo' i think they'd be a little confused. i don't want them to stay anyway. this house... it's not what it seems.

ever hear those sounds that you just can't describe, that feeling someone's watching you even though there was nobody there? that's all you feel when in this house. and it's the ghosts. they try and make sure that you stay here, they always find a way to make you stay. but i had to make sure my parents left, i couldn't put them in danger like that, so i faked an eviction notice. with all the trouble of me dying and then getting an eviction notice, i felt bad but i knew it was the right thing to do, and so did they. they'd been planning to move, months before i died, they didn't like the general vibe of the house. and once they found out the things that happened here, all the death... that was their final straw.

so they packed their things, and left. no other word about it. many, many of the ghosts wanted to try and make them stay, but they never knew about me faking the eviction notice, they thought it was genuine. so they allowed them to leave. i miss them, of course i and do, and it hurts me to know that i won't see them again for the rest of eternity, but i know they're moving on, and they're going to live an amazing life. somewhere far, far away from here. i know i'll find happiness here one day, someone will come along that just makes the days exciting, and gives this house life again. so-

i heard the doorbell ring, so i threw down my pen and shut my diary and brought it down to the basement, without marcy the realtor seeing me. she's trying to sell the house again, though i find it so unfair that she's doing so as this new family will end up like mine. devastation. i decided to make sure they couldn't see me, and hid my diary behind some old bricks in the basement. i could hear chatter upstairs as they were greeting each other, sounds like a woman. cant hear a man, or kids. that's good at least, no whiny children to get on my nerves.

"Welcome to the house! I'm Marcy, it's so wonderful to meet you."

now she got on my nerves. she made everything seem like it was perfect to my family, never mind the fact so many people had died in the very house the woman is standing in.

"Hi, hi." the mystery woman said.

sounds like texas, i thought to myself.

"I'm Constance. Constance Langdon."