the dream

"So you're bringing me to your sessions now?" I said, giggling at him.

"Well, yeah I mean, I think it's better for you to be able to hear everything that's going on you know? Without having to hide." Tate murmured.

"Hey, I have a question. Not to be the over protective girlfriend and all that, but what do you think about Violet?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah she's not bad, why?" Tate said looking to his right and then back to me.

"It... it doesn't matter, I just wanted to kn-"

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Tate said taking both my hands.

"There's nothing wrong." I said back.

"I know when somethings up, please tell me." Tate asked persistently.

"It's just... she's been trying to get between us. She tried to make up rumours and made up that you'd said things and-"

"What things?" Tate interrupted.

"Things like 'Tate said he liked me' and 'The beach isn't special because he brought me there' just all that type of thing." I said back.

"I did say those things." Tate said with a smile.

"Hm, you're funny." I said looking down at my shoes.

"I'm serious, y/n. I said those things." He said plainly.

I looked up and his face looked plain, no expression. It didn't seem like Tate.

"You what?" I said softly.

"I'm sorry, but I just think Violets a better match for me. She's kind, she's smart, she's beautiful. She's alive." Tate exclaimed.

"No. No, Tate stop joking around." I said, "It's impossible, there's no way you can take her to that beach... I mean... you're dead."

"Really?" Tate said looking around, he grabbed my arm strongly and brought me to the front door.

He pulled me along further and further towards the gate.

"Tate what are you doing?" I yelled to him, trying to break free from his strong grasp.

"I'm escaping." He said with a devilish snare.

"This isn't real, wake up. Wake up, y/n. WAKE UP!" I shouted out loud.

"Would you be quiet?" Tate said once we reached the gate.

He opened the gate slowly, keeping eye contact with me, and pushed it further back.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked into his.

"Who are you?" I said to him.

He just slightly rolled his eyes and said,

"I'm dead? Wanna see this?"

He stepped out past the gate, and was now on the side walk.

"What the hell..." I whispered under my breath in shock, "How have you done this? Have you got one of the witches from Robichaux or something? You're DEAD!"

"They're the answer to everything, y/n, the key. The witches. To get out of this place, we need a witch more powerful than anyone on this planet." Tate said, still outside the gates.

"Who?" I said confusedly.

"Her name is Cordelia Goode. Find her. Get us out." Tate said, and then he disappeared.

"TATE!" I yelled.

"Wow, wow, wow! What's going on?" I heard his voice say.

I looked beside me and he was lying down on my bed. God. It was a dream.

I hugged him, he hugged me back but pulled away and said softly,

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"It was just a dream. You were some evil version of yourself, and you were acting like you were in love with Violet, and then you said you weren't dead, pulled me out to the gates and you stepped out." I said to him.

"I'm sorry that happened, what happened after?" He asked.

"I asked if you'd gotten- that's it. That's it! The witches." I exclaimed.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have no idea who these witches are..." Tate said to me.

"In the dream... you told me I needed to get the most powerful witch in the world, and I know where to find her."

"Who is it?" He asked.

"Cordelia Goode. Soon to be supreme, owner of Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, she's the most powerful witch in the universe right now." I said to him, sitting up.

"Okay... and what can she do to help us?" Tate asked, with a confused expression.

"Tate. She can get us out of this place. For good. I just know it, I can feel it." I told him.

"Wait, she can allow us to leave?" Tate asked.

"If she has the right spell, and a hell strong coven of witches."

"Well, where do we find her?" Tate asked confidently.

"First, I need to make a phone call."