death of the coven

I froze.

"Who told you that?" Tate asked.

"Other spirits..." Michael said.

Tears welled up in my eyes. Everything hummed out, I couldn't hear a thing. My head was confused, upset and angry. They left the room, Tate closed the door and sat down on his bed, head in his hands.

"Dad."

Tate looked up suddenly and his face turned completely terrified.

"Dad, Tate? DAD?" I yelled.

"Listen! Let me explain."

"No! You're that son of a bitches father?" I shouted.

"No! His father is essentially Satan! See the way I did all those shitty things years ago? The school? The killings? I was used..."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I was used as a vessel. To hold the evil, until the Anti-Christ rises. Once he does, the evil transfers into him. That's why I did all that, the evil... it possessed me." Tate explained.

"How do you know all this?" I questioned.

"Just people!" Tate yelled, "But the devil used me as a pawn to create the Anti-Christ... y/n, I would never want to hurt you. Never."

"I know. Why you, though? Why would he choose you?"

"I don't know, I guess it's the energy from this place, or the fact I was troubled as a kid, I don't know." He stood up, "I don't even know how to apologise."

"I'm... I'm going to try my best to put this behind us, but please don't be mad at me if I find it hard." I told him.

"I'll leave you alone for a while, I'll speak to you
tomorrow." He left the room.

3 years later...

We haven't heard much from Michael in the past couple years, I know that the witches have, and they're trying to protect me from it.

All I know was three years back he was arrested for killing a butcher, then he was helped by the warlocks and taken to an academy. He then brought back Madison and Queenie, he was after tested for the Seven Wonders and he brought back Misty Day. He passed them all, this caused Cordelia to weaken. That's what I know.

"Y/n? Your cells going!" Tate yelled from upstairs.

"Coming!" I said back.

I walked up the stairs and it was from Mallory.

"Hey, Mallory. Everything okay?"

"No, y/n." I could hear her crying.

"What's happened?" I asked.

"Michael... he- he killed them." Mallory cried.

"Who? Who did he kill?" This caught Tate's attention.

"Our sisters."

"Michael? Who else." I said angrily.

"It was him, Ms. Mead and some other girl named Lois." Mallory explained.

"Who made it through?" I asked.

"Only me, Madison, Coco, Cordelia and Myrtle. I'm sorry y/n." Mallory told me.

Zoe. Queenie. None of them made it. Anger bubbled inside of me, I felt as if I could kill Michael with my own hands.

"I've gotta go. You need to get back to us, as soon as you can. We need you." Mallory hung up the phone.

"What's happened?" Tate asked.

"Michael and his asshole helpers killed the coven." I said plainly.

"I'm so sorry, y/n." Tate said sincerely.

"I need to get back at him." I paced back and forth, "He deserves to burn in hell. Well, maybe live happily in heaven, that's the opposite of what he wants."

"Hm. You just need to remember who this guy is, what you're getting yourself into." Tate explained.

"I gotta go back, Tate. I have to help them." I sat down beside him.

Two days later...

"Hold on, you're telling me there's outposts? Things to protect the rich from Michaels schemes?"

"Yes." Myrtle spoke.

"And you've now put an identity spell on Mallory and Coco, making it seem like they have no idea they're witches? Then they'll go to this outpost once the rest of the world is wiped out?"

"Absolutely correct." She smiled.

"What's gonna happen to everyone else?" I asked.

"The inevitable." Myrtle said.

"Right. Call me if you hear anything."

It's reassuring to hear everyone else in your life will survive, and then you don't know about yourself. I mean Tate and I are ghosts, what happens to our souls if this place is destroyed? Do we just wonder around emptily for the rest of eternity, do we just go?

Myrtle told me that there's an open two spaces at Outpost Three, but I said I can't, I can't go there leaving Tate alone, waiting to see what will happen to him. I know I'm not strong enough to perform the spell that the coven did, it took five of them, I won't be able to do it myself.

I went upstairs and found Tate in his bedroom.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, you okay?" Tate smiled back.

"Yeah... I just found out there would have been spaces for us at the outpost. Only I'm not strong enough to get you out of here alone." I replied.

"It's okay. I guess we'll just have to wait. See what happens." Tate looked down, "I feel bad. You're restricting yourself just for me, it's not your fault I'm here."

"No, I'd never leave you. Never." I said.

I heard a knock on the door. I furrowed my brow and Tate followed me down the stairs.

I opened the door to find a girl, I didn't recognise her.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"No, not really." The girl said, "To be honest you're kind of a problem."

"Who even are you?" I questioned.

"Oh, you've probably heard of me. Do you know what I enjoyed seeing? Your little friends, falling to the ground." She said.

"What?"

"Zoe, I think her name was. The other one was a voodoo." She sneered.

"You're the other bitch who killed my friends." I shouted.

"Yes, yes. That's enough of that." Lois said, "Now, I'm here to finish what Michael started. It's your turn to go now."