the langdons.

constance. haven't heard that one before, we mostly get mary's, johns. i went upstairs to get a good look at the possible new buyers, she was well dressed. purple straight dress down to her knees, heels and flamboyantly styled hair. she might be 65 at most.

"Do you have any children or other relatives coming to view the house?" Marcy asked.

"Yes, I have two. They're still getting themselves sorted in the car." the woman replied calmly. Just as she said that a woman walked in. she had down syndrome, could maybe be thirty.

"This is Adelaide, my daughter." Constance sighed.

Marcy and Adelaide greeted eachother kindly. she said she had two, the other must still be getting themselves sorted in the car.

"I guess the other one can come in later, let's just start the tour." Constance implied.

"Alright! Well this is a classic LA Victorian."exactly the same thing she said to my family.

"Built around 1920 by the doctor, Charles Montgomery. It's just fabulous. These are real tiffany fixtures."

She must have some sort of script, because I've definitely heard these words before. I decided to leave them alone, this wasn't gonna be very entertaining. I ran into Moira, she's the housekeeper, she died a few decades ago and never told us how she died.

"What are the new buyers like?" she asked kindly with a smile on her frail face.

"They seem okay, she's got two kids, doesn't seem to have a husband." I replied.

"Did you catch a name? When I greet her I would quite like to be polite." she asked politely.

"Oh yeah, I should have told you that! I think her surname was Langdon."

Her face went white.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, she didn't look too good.

"Yes, of course." she replied nervously, "What was her first name?"

"Constance. Quite a mouthful huh?"

"No. She can't move in. She can't, I won't allow it." Moira said firmly.

"What is it? Do you know her or something?" I asked her, worryingly.

"You could say that." she mumbled as she walked off. Strange, Moiras never acted like that before, she's always been welcoming and kind to everyone. Anyway, I decided to put it past me. The tour was still continuing, random chatter and questions from Constance. I wanted to find out what the deal was. I walked downstairs and started walking towards the basement door to see if Moira was down there.

"And who might you be?" a voice from behind me asked.

I spun round quickly, forgetting that people could see me.

"I could ask you the same thing!" I said with wide eyes. This must be the other kid. Blonde hair, slightly curled, brown eyes and a green and black striped sweater on.

"Well, my mothers looking through the house right now, now I'm going to ask again," he smiled and said, "who might you be?"

"I'm the neighbour. I normally come in here for a break from my parents, sorry if it feels like I'm intruding." I laughed awkwardly.

"No, no, it's fine. Gets me away from my mother and her overall craziness." the young man said.

"Guess we're here for the same thing then. I haven't even introduced myself, I'm y/n."

"Hi, I'm Tate."