outpost

As I was taking in my surroundings I realised I had a voicemail from Madison.

"Y/n, I don't have much time, but I need you to do something for me. You need to get to the Outpost. Outpost Three specifically, get there, keep yourself safe. As we speak Cordelia's setting an unbreakable protection spell on that house of yours, meaning it'll be there when you get out. I've sent you the co-ordinates. I'll see you soon, y/n."

Outpost Three? How does she expect me to get there? I don't want to go anywhere without Tate. I've gotta go back, speak to them.

I got back to the house as quick as I could and ran into the living area. Everyone was still sitting there, waiting on my arrival.

"Hey," Tate said, "what's it like?"

"Terrible. I gotta show you guys this."

I played them the voicemail and Tate said,

"Go, y/n. We're all safe here because of Cordelia, as soon as you get out you can come back." Tate insisted.

"But I want you to come, Tate. We both know that isn't possible, so I don't want to go. End off." I replied.

"But y/n this is an opportunity for you, I can't be the one holding you back." Tate told me.

He could see I was getting visibly overwhelmed so he said,

"We're gonna go into the next room."

Once we got there I said,

"Tate, why go and be stuck with other people I don't know when I can be 'stuck' here with people I care about?"

"Madison told you to do so, she knows things we don't clearly, this will be good for you. You'll always have the opportunity of coming back, I'll always be here." He explained.

"Tate..." I said softly.

"Y/n, please. I don't want to be the one holding you back from your life." Tate pleaded.

"Okay." I hesitated, "But don't be expecting you'll be waiting long, I don't think I'll last for even a couple months."

"I'll help you pack, I just want you to be safe."

"But seriously I'm not staying long." I told him.

Tate helped me get everything together and then we had the same type of goodbye as usual. Upsetting, laughing, then upset again, and the cycle continued.

I promised to him I'd be back, no matter how long it takes me. Turns out Madison sent a carriage and horses, felt cool. I'd been sitting for three hours already, the Outpost was apparently in central California. The whole city was wiped out, I was surprised the horses were able to get through it. There were one or two people along the way, covered in cuts, bruises and disease. Obviously I can't catch anything, I'm already dead, so I felt terrible, but I couldn't bring anything bad into this place for the several humans who were either rich enough or lucky enough to get in.

Imagine if I get there and they refuse to let me in, that would be funny. Aw sure I could just use mind control, make them let me in. I wondered if the horses actually knew where they were going, until we reached a large set of gates. The gates opened slowly and there was a man dressed in a hazmat suit, he opened the gate of the carriage and asked my name.

"Y/n y/l/n. I was sent here by Madison Montgomery."

The man checked the list and then said,

"Sorry ma'am. You're not on the list. I cant let you in."

I sighed, "You will let me in, and my name is on the list."

"Oh, yes! How could I miss that? On you go." The man smiled.

Ah, the plus sides of mind control. I got back in the carriage and the horses continued through the gates. We ended up at a tall black spiralling structure, I'm assuming this is the Outpost. I recognise this place... I think it's where the warlocks were taught. Where Michael performed the Seven Wonders.

I stepped out of the carriage and immediately both my arms were grabbed.

"Get your goddamn hands off of me!" I yelled, breaking free from their grasp. They were also dressed in hazmat suits.

"Ma'am, we're bringing you to contamination! You need to be cleaned before you enter the Outpost in case of a breech." A man told me.

"Well, I can walk perfectly fine myself. No need to treat me like some sort of animal." I walked past them and in to where you got cleaned.

There were huge machines, with water, soap, air, the lot coming out of them. It took fifteen minutes at least, I was completely cleaned, head to toe and then brought to a room to get changed.

"Go in there," a woman informed me, "you'll meet Ms. Venable."

(this one isn't the longest, but ive got a good few chapters planned, and i thought id let you know, once i finish this story, i plan on making an asylum one! 💕💕)