and then its revealed

"Okay."

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the candle in my mind, picturing it, memorising it. Then I imagined it lighting and said,

"Inscendia."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked to the candle.

Nothing.

I gave a frustrated sigh,

"God! Why can't I do this?" I said to them.

"You can't do this? Are you sure?" Cordelia said with a smile.

"Yes I'm sure, I mean the candle isn't even lit!" I said, putting my hand towards it.

"Turn around."

I looked behind me to see every other candle in the room lit, every candle apart from the one in Cordelia's hand.

"I didn't do that." I laughed, "It'll have been one of you guys."

"Y/n, you've already succeeded in the first of the seven wonders. Don't underestimate yourself." Myrtle insisted.

"But nothing feels different, you know? I thought I'd feel something, anything. But I don't." I persisted.

"The moment you feel your powers growing, developing into something meaningful... there's no other feeling on Earth like it." Cordelia smiled.

I understood what she meant, but I just didn't feel any different, still not feeling patriotic to the coven, I don't feel like I'm supposed to be here. Honestly... I feel like I should just go back to the house. It's almost where I belong, it has my memories, it has my friends, my life. Tate.

No. This is what he wants for me, to live my life. I swear to keep my promise to go back and get him, I'll never let go of that promise. Even if it's the last thing I'll do, I'll get him out of there.

"You've practiced pyrokinesis, you still have the other six. We'll work on it until you've completely mastered it, then move on." Myrtle said.

"Okay. Thank you for this, I really appreciate it." I told them, and then left.

I went to go find Zoe to see if she wanted to do something to pass the time.

"Hey Zoe!" I walked into the dining area and she was sitting with a boy.

"Y/n!" She greeted, "This is Kyle."

"Hey, Kyle." I smiled.

"It's good to meet you." He replied happily.

"Hey, I was wondering... do you wanna do something? I'm bored." I laughed.

"Yeah, sure." Zoe responded, "I gotta go into town anyways so you can come with me. But you gotta wear black. It's almost like a rule."

She laughed and shook her head after I asked why, she had no idea.

"Be back down here in ten." She said.

I went upstairs to look through my clothes. I found a flowing black dress that was shorter at the front and longer at the back, black sunglasses and boots.

I brushed my hair, it was slightly waved. Then I walked downstairs to go find Zoe.

"Hey, you ready to go?" She asked.

"I sure am." I smiled.

Zoe and I walked out the door and walked towards the town.

"So, what did they teach you today?" She asked me.

"I think it was pyrokinesis, didn't light the one I was aiming for but lit the rest in the room." I laughed.

"Jeez, pyrokinesis. It took all of us weeks to even show any sign of flame and you do it on your first go? You're going somewhere." She said sincerely.

We walked towards a bus stop, and a bus was pulling toward us.

"Do you wanna take this or just keep walking?" I asked.

"We can just walk, it'll be faster in the long run." Zoe chuckled.

A little boy ran past us and towards the bus stop, but he tripped on a crack in the pavement.... straight into the path of the double decker bus.

"Shit!" I yelled.

The bus was nearing.

The boy hadn't seen it yet, and we couldn't see his parents.

Zoe ran towards him, trying to pick him up off the road. The bus was five metres away now... driving directly towards Zoe.

In an impulse, I quickly raised my hand, pointing it towards the bus, and it stopped.

Did I just do that? I thought to myself.

"Y/n..." Zoe said with a shocked expression.

I rushed past her and picked up the little boy.

"Hey, sweetie. Are you okay?" I asked him, "What's your name?"

"I'm Holden." The young boy said.

"Hi, Holden. I'm y/n. Where are your parents?" I questioned.

"My other mommy is on her way." He sad plainly.

"Your other mommy? What do you mean?" I said with a concerned expression.

"I'm so sorry." I heard a voice above me say, "I shouldn't have let him out of my sight."

I stood up and saw a very pale woman, a slim complexion and bright blonde hair, she was very well dressed.

"Yeah, he almost got hurt. Make sure to check him, make sure he's okay." I told her.

"Thank you..." the woman said, she took the boys hand and began walking away.

Once they got further in the distance, I walked back to Zoe.

"That was weird..." I said.

"Many weird things are happening, y/n." She said turning to me, "Let's keep walking."

"Okay... what do you need to get in town?" I queried.

"There's a book in this store downtown, it looks pretty cool. Also, I think we should talk about what just happened." Zoe said.

"I know, it was strange overall, the fact she just-"

"Not about the woman, y/n. About what you did, how you saved me." Zoe persisted.

"What? Are you trying to tell me I stopped that bus? No, I thought it was you?" I told her.

She shook her head.

"Nope, I did nothing. You literally stopped a full speed double decker bus with a flick of your hand. Not many people can do that with years of practice, you've done it with none." Zoe continued.

We were silent for a while, and then we arrived at the bookstore.

"I'll run in quickly then we'll get back, okay?" Zoe informed me.

"Yeah, go for it." I replied.

She was in and out in two minutes.

"So, what one did you get?" I asked.

"It's called Briarcliff, by Lana Winters." Zoe told me.

"Cool." I giggled.

We walked back, laughing and joking around the whole time, and when we got back to the school I went upstairs.

I opened my computer to watch something and there was a letter symbol at the bottom of the screen.

I clicked on it and it read,

NEW MESSAGE:

To: y/n y/l/n

From: Tate Langdon