the night before

Hey guys! This chapters gonna be a little shorter than usual due to the fact the next ones going to be crazy! Just letting you all know 💕💕

Okay, this should be enough. He knows I'm around, and it puts across the message I need. The second I put down the piece of chalk Tate came back into his room, and saw the words.

"NO!" he yelled as he paced around his room, "WHERE ARE YOU, Y/N? I need you." he said, as tears began to well in his eyes.

All I wanted to do was comfort him, but I knew leaving him alone was best, it would almost force him to leave. He walked into his bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. But his mood changed quickly from sadness to anger.

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU WANT ME OUT. I hate you. I hate you so much." he said strongly.

Hearing these words made me upset, not because of the literal words that had just been said, because Tate was the one that said them.

"No you don't." I said appearing behind him in his reflection, but disappeared once he turned around. He looked shocked but genuine. His eyes looked full of complete destruction.

"Yes. Yes I do."

It was the house. The house talking, the angers building up, faster than I anticipated. It can't be long until he does something irreversible.

Two weeks later...

I haven't seen Tate the past week or two, he's been up in his room, not leaving. It was late on a Sunday night, and I wanted to go see how he was. Just to know. His door was open already, and he was just lying on his bed. He had an alarm set for seven the next morning but didn't seem to be ready to fall asleep. He still had the words on the board. He lay there looking worse than I'd ever seen him. His face looked completely ruined, he wasn't himself anymore. The house has taken him over. It was almost as if there was a haze over him, a sort of villainous drug and it wasn't wearing off any time soon.

His eyes looked sad, dark and tired. They looked like they hated every living thing on the planet, but also as if they're capable of escaping that haze. There's so much you can tell from a pair of eyes, so much. I don't know what to do now, I can't let him see me, and he doesn't seem to be budging out of this state. I don't know if there's any other option than just force them out, fake an eviction notice like I did with my own family, but I couldn't do that to him, he's have nowhere to go, and without supervision could do something stupid.

God, normally I'm the one that has a plan for everything. I looked at him one last time before leaving, and when I looked at his dresser across the room, there was an outfit already set out.

That's odd, Tate's always been spontaneous with what he wears. I went over to the dresser to get a closer look and the clothes were all black, and there was a pair of big black boots sitting by the door.